[Sust-mar] Garden-to-Table Internship: Eco-friendly Cape Breton Retreat Centre

Jay Rawding jay at cabotshores.com
Sat Jan 24 14:01:54 EST 2015

INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY

*Position:* Garden to Table Internship
*Organization:* Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort & Retreat
*Website:* http://www.cabotshores.com
*Location:* Indian Brook, Nova Scotia

Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort and Retreat Centre on Cape Breton Island,
Nova Scotia, is offering Garden-to-Table internships. We invite you to
spend two months or more living in a beautiful, remote area on the Atlantic
Ocean, helping us care for our vegetable gardens and provide fresh
ingredients to our Bistro. Learn about landscaping, trail making, foraging
and more in a eco-friendly resort environment. Harvest herbs and vegetables
and help prepare them for the bistro and staff kitchens. Learn to process
herbs, vegetables, berries, mushrooms, etc. Be part of a dynamic team that
serves guests from all over the world. To learn more about Cabot Shores,
visit our website at http://www.cabotshores.com or our Facebook page,
http://www.facebook.com/cabotshores.

This is a non-paid position; room and board are provided. During free time
we welcome you to our kayaks, canoes and standup paddle boards, as well as
swimming, hiking, and exploring the rich culture of Cape Breton Island.
Take part or enjoy community music gatherings and concerts, community
events and more.

We require a 2 month commitment with opening dates in: May/June,
July/August, and September/October, 2015.

Please send a resume to Barbara Weinberg, Co-Owner via email:
barbara at cabotshores.com.