[Sust-mar] Garden to Table Internship, accom., Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Jan 26 15:07:34 EST 2015

* Work in local & sustainable food - http://FoodWork.ca *

INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY

Position: Garden to Table Internship
Type: volunteer position with room and board
Website: http://www.cabotshores.com
Location: Indian Brook, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort and Retreat Centre on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, is offering Garden-to-Table internships. We invite you to spend two months or more living in a beautiful, remote area on the Atlantic Ocean, helping us care for our vegetable gardens and provide fresh ingredients to our Bistro.

Learn about landscaping, trail making, foraging and more in a eco-friendly resort environment. Harvest herbs and vegetables and help prepare them for the bistro and staff kitchens. Learn to process herbs, vegetables, berries, mushrooms, etc. Be part of a dynamic team that serves guests from all over the world. To learn more about Cabot Shores, visit our website at http://www.cabotshores.com or our Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/cabotshores.

This is a non-paid position; room and board are provided. During free time we welcome you to our kayaks, canoes and standup paddle boards, as well as swimming, hiking, and exploring the rich culture of Cape Breton Island. Take part or enjoy community music gatherings and concerts, community events and more.

We require a 2 month commitment with opening dates in: May/June, July/August, and September/October, 2015.

Please send a resume to Barbara Weinberg, Co-Owner via email:
barbara at cabotshores.com

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=28454

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca