[Sust-mar] Summer Student Job Posting: Coastal Information Hub Content Developer
Atl Coastal Zone Info Steering Committee
aczisc at dal.ca
Fri May 22 13:04:09 EDT 2015
Summer Student Position Available in Halifax:
Coastal Information Hub Content Developer
The Coastal Information Hub Content Developer will assist the ACZISC Secretariat in researching and updating the ACZISC's website coinatlantic.ca. Research will be conducted on selected themes to build content and linkages to ICOM resources available online. Updates will be made to the website via the content management system Joomla. In addition, the student will participate in the design and development of a new website for the International Coastal Atlas Network (ICAN).
- A student currently enrolled in a post-secondary program and returning to school in September.
- Experience with website design and maintenance and/or using website content management systems.
- Knowledge of the coastal and ocean sector, its stakeholders and agencies.
- Knowledge of ICOM, the marine sciences, geomatics and associated organizations.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Length of position: 7 weeks
Remuneration: 30 hours per week at $12/hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Employment Requirement: This position is funded in part by Employment and Social Development Canada through its Canada Summer Jobs Program. To be eligible, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Priority will be given to students with disabilities, aboriginal students, or students who are members of a visible minority and who meet the desired qualifications.
Interested applicants should submit their résumé with a cover letter to Andy Sherin, Director, ACZISC Secretariat, by *29 May 2015 via: a.sherin at dal.ca. *Extended deadline.
View Posting Online: http://coinatlantic.ca/index.php/new-on-the-site/student-summer-job-opportunity-2015
Alexi Baccardax Westcott
Project Officer, ACZISC Secretariat
Atlantic Coastal Zone Information Steering Committee
Dalhousie University, 6414 Coburg Road, PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 4R2 CANADA
Tel 902-494-7162 - Fax 902-494-1334
Email ACZISC at DAL.ca
More information about the sust-mar