[Sust-mar] Atlantic Ocean Campaign Coordinator, f/t, CPAWS, Atlantic Canada / Halifax / St. John's

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Nov 20 09:59:20 EST 2015

* Work in environment, conservation & nature: GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING

Position: Atlantic Ocean Campaign Coordinator http://GoodWork.ca/953223
Location: Atlantic Canada (Halifax or St. John’s preferred, but negotiable)

Application deadline: 7 December 2015, 11:59 PM EDT
Reports to: National Ocean Program Director

Why work for CPAWS?

CPAWS is a national charitable organization with 13 chapters across Canada, over 50 staff and hundreds of volunteers who have helped to protect over half a million square kilometres of Canada’s public land and water. The national office leads in developing communications and marketing strategies for the organization to support our conservation vision of protecting at least half of Canada’s public land and water. We value each employee’s creativity and innovation, and offer a collegial work environment and competitive benefits.

Nature & Scope:

In this key position on the national ocean program team, the Atlantic Ocean Campaign Coordinator will report to the National Director, Ocean Program, and work closely with ocean campaign staff in our Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick chapters. Your job is to develop and execute ocean conservation campaign plans and strategies in close consultation with colleagues in CPAWS’ national office and regional chapters. You will be responsible for advancing MPAs and MPA network planning in Atlantic Canada, and help to coordinate the efforts of our local chapters. More specifically your duties would include:
• Participate on stakeholder advisory committees for MPA network planning negotiations
• Develop and implement a campaign strategy for advancing MPA priorities, including individual sites as well as broader network planning
• Conduct research into MPAs in Canada and assist with the publication of CPAWS’ annual Oceans Report
• Develop relationships with key stakeholders in each of the three MPA planning regions, including with government, First Nations, ENGO’s, and local fishing interests
• Assist with site-specific campaigns to advance the protection of MPA priorities
• Provide campaign support to local CPAWS chapters
• Undertake government relations to advance MPA network planning and ensure the successful completion of candidate MPAs in the region

Other duties as assigned.

Qualifications:
• University or college degree in conservation, marine biology, resource management or a related field.
• Minimum three (3) years’ professional experience in ocean conservation
• Excellent grammar and writing skills, including with social media
• Demonstrated expertise on conservation campaigning
• Demonstrated expertise in developing and measuring results of conservation campaigns
• Strong planning, organizational and multitasking skills, and ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders, meet tight deadlines and manage competing priorities
• Detail-oriented, dependable, self-confident, independent and budget-minded
• Ability and flexibility to travel in Atlantic Canada and nationally
• Proven interpersonal and relationship-building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, national and chapter staff, stakeholders and volunteers

Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.

Assets

Experience in:
• Post-graduate degree in a relevant subject
• Environmental issues
• Non-profit sector

Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000

Submit applications by email to:
employment at cpaws.org
with the subject line: Atlantic Ocean Campaign Coordinator.

We thank all applicants. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.

Interviews will be held starting December 11th.

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=32235

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca