[sust-mar] The Once and Future Ocean: May 25th

Haley Guest haleyguest at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:50:46 EDT 2016

--------------------------
THE ONCE AND FUTURE OCEAN

PUBLIC LECTURE MAY 25TH at the MARITIME MUSEUM OF THE ATLANTIC

7:00PM
----------------------

The ocean holds the key to humanity’s survival.

At a time when the world faces a multitude of potential calamities, from
climate change to a struggling oil industry to rapid population growth,
author and environmentalist Peter Neill of the World Ocean Observatory
argues that the time is now to begin organizing our social, financial and
political order around water in all its forms, places and uses.

THE ONCE AND FUTURE OCEAN argues for invention and new solutions, for new
answers to fundamental questions, and for a new relationship built around
the ocean as a source for new modes of living that are within our grasp if
only we have the courage to take hold.

PETER NEILL is founder and director of the World Ocean Observatory, a
web-based place of exchange for information and education about the health
of the ocean.

Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1162475797128413/

Co-presented by The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, The Canadian Network
for Ocean Education (CaNOE) and the Marine Environmental Observation,
Predication and Response Network (MEOPAR).

Contact: oceanliteracycanada at gmail.com

@OceanLitCanada