[sust-mar] Project Coordinator, summer job, Our Food Store, Antigonish, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Sun May 22 19:58:30 EDT 2016

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

SUMMER STUDENT JOB
http://FoodWork.ca/905843

Position: Project Coordinator
Type: summer job / summer student position
Location: Antigonish, Nova Scotia

Term of Employment: June 6th, 2016 - August 27th, 2016
Hours: 35 hrs/week (with some work on weekends and evenings required)

Our Food Store is a volunteer run, community-based organization, aiming to strengthen and build capacity within our community’s food system by increasing customers’ access to local, fresh food and supporting producers through coordination, marketing and promotion.

Our Food Store currently operates a community supported online grocery store through which customers can purchase weekly food bags and add-on products from a variety of producers in our region.

We are working to expand this initiative through fostering strong relationships with producers, eaters, and community organizations and, eventually, working towards developing a community food hub.

We are looking to hire a Project Coordinator to join our team for the coming season!

We are seeking a flexible, dynamic, self-driven and community-minded individual. Experience and/or studies in the fields of agriculture, business, community development and nutrition are considered an asset. A keen interest in community building and strengthening local food systems is a must.

Responsibilities will include:
• Aiding in the coordination and facilitation of our online grocery service
• Corresponding with producers, coordinating the aggregation of produce and other food items, and marketing and promoting the initiative
• Increasing awareness of Our Food Store, facilitating outreach and community engagement
• Providing support for strategic planning and visioning
• Strengthening and building relationships with community partners

Requirements:
• Personal computer required

This summer student position is made available through Canada Summer Jobs funding, which requires that the applicant:

(a) is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;

(b) was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;

(c) intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;

(d) is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;

(e) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;

(f) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations

To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
info at ourfoodstore.com
Please note that only applicants who are considered for an interview will be contacted.

Applications due at midnight May 29th, 2016.

Our Food Store is committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our community. We encourage individuals with diverse experiences and identities to apply. A non-comprehensive list of these identities include First Nations peoples, women, people of colour, Black Nova Scotians, Inuit and Métis people, lesbian, bisexual, gay, two spirit, transgender, gender non-conforming, queer and intersex people, people with disabilities, Acadians, and working class people.

http://FoodWork.ca/905843

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=34850

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca