[sust-mar] Communication & Outreach - rural/eco learning centre, f/t, Ship Harbour, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Nov 22 08:53:26 EST 2016

* Work in environment, conservation & nature - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
http://GoodWork.ca/921963

THE DEANERY PROJECT – JOB POSTING
POSITION: COMMUNICATIONS AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR

Position: Communication and Outreach Coordinator
Location: Lower Ship Harbour, Eastern Shore, Nova Scotia

Type: Full-time 35hr/wk
Application deadline: Nov. 24, 2016
Approximate start date: As soon as possible
Term: 6 month contract.
NOTE: Applicants must have been EI eligible in the last 3 years.

The Deanery Project is an exciting rural learning centre and demonstration site. We provide education and tools to strengthen communities and the environment through innovative, hands-on learning programs in permaculture, the arts, natural building, restorative forest management, food sovereignty and healthy living choices.

We are seeking a creative, experienced communications and outreach coordinator. The successful candidate will update our website and our contact data base (Nation Builder). They would also be responsible for creating new publications, including a brochure, and strengthening our volunteer and membership base. The Communications and Outreach Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director and report to Programming Committee. Applicants should have a passion for the environment and interests in the arts and working with people.

Duties include
• Review and update of our web site
• Working with staff and volunteers on communications through our website, Face Book, newsletters, contact management system, membership etc.
• Working with program staff and board to create posters and other communication tools as needed
• Documentation of special events at the Deanery Project
• Creating systems within the organization which build program efficiencies and sustainability
• Helping build a volunteer base which supports sustainability for the organization
• Project budgeting, evaluations and report writing as related to communications
• Supporting basic maintenance of program spaces with other staff and volunteers
• Assisting with hands-on project needs as they arise

Qualifications
• Strong writing and graphic design skills
• Computer literate especially with Word, Excel and Google Drive
• Experience with Word Press and ideally with Nation Builder platforms
• Passion for the environment
• Self-starter who is comfortable working in a team environment
• A eye to overall workplace safety

Assets
• Currently located on the Eastern Shore or willing to locate
• Experience in fund raising and social enterprise
• Photography and video skills

Remuneration:

This is a six month position supported through the Dept. of Labour & Advanced Education with options for long term employment. Applicant must have been eligible for Employment Insurance benefits during the last three years. Pay rate is minimum $12.00/ hour depending on experience.

The Deanery Project operates an equal opportunities employment policy. To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and 2 referees to Kim Thompson:
shipharbour.thompson at gmail.com

For more information on the position, please call 902-845-1888. http://www.thedeaneryproject.com

http://GoodWork.ca/921963

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=36912

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca