[sust-mar] Programming Coordinator - rural/eco learning centre, f/t, Ship Harbour NS

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Nov 22 08:53:47 EST 2016

* Work in environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
http://FoodWork.ca/911963

THE DEANERY PROJECT – JOB POSTING
POSITION: PROGRAMMING COORDINATOR

Position: Programming Coordinator
Location: Lower Ship Harbour, Eastern Shore, Nova Scotia

Type: Full-time 30/hr/wk
Application deadline: Nov. 24, 2016
Approximate start date: As soon as possible
Term: 11 month contract with option to renew

The Deanery Project is an exciting rural learning centre and demonstration site. We provide education and tools to strengthen communities and the environment through innovative, hands-on learning programs in permaculture, the arts, natural building, restorative forest management, food sovereignty and healthy living choices.

We are seeking a versatile, energetic programming coordinator to continue with several existing programs and to develop new learning opportunities for both the general public and schools.

Applicants should have a passion for the environment and community and an interest in the arts.

The Programming Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director and report to Programming Committee.

Duties include
• Development, promotion and delivery of community and school programs
• Working with staff and volunteers on communications to support program outreach through website, Face Book, contact management, membership etc.
• Networking with other environmental educators
• Creating systems within the organization which build program efficiencies and sustainability
• Being responsible for program evaluations and report writing
• Helping build a volunteer base which supports program development
• Coordinating our four annual signature events
• Project budgeting
• Supporting basic maintenance of program spaces with other staff and volunteers
• Assisting with hands-on project needs as they arise

Qualifications
• Passion for the environment
• Experience in event planning
• Experience in working with youth
• Computer literate especially with Word, Excel and Google Drive
• Strong communication skills
• Self-starter who is comfortable working in a team environment
• A eye to overall workplace safety

Assets
• Currently located on the Eastern Shore or willing to locate
• Experience in fund raising and social enterprise

Remuneration:

This is an 11 mo. position supported through the Dept. of Labour & Advanced Education with options for long term employment. Pay rate is minimum $12.00/ hour, with range depending on experience.

The Deanery Project operates an equal opportunities employment policy.

To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and 2 referees to Kim Thompson:
shipharbour.thompson at gmail.com

For more information on the position, please call 902-845-1888. http://www.thedeaneryproject.com

http://FoodWork.ca/911963

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=36911

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca