[sust-mar] Mechanical Engineer/Designer/Partner, f/t, Community Machinery, Sackville, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Oct 11 14:46:20 EDT 2016

* Work in environment, green business, sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
http://GoodWork.ca/956463

Position: Mechanical Engineer/Designer/Partner
Location: Sackville, New Brunswick

Are you feeling called to put your creativity to use, designing machinery that makes a positive impact in the world around you? How would you like to work with an equally committed team that compliments your engineering and design skills? I'm looking for the right partners to create a worker co-operative. When you visit http://www.communitymachinery.com you can see the variety of projects I've led in the past.

Going forward, projects I would like to focus on are small food processing lines, and creating ready-made production lines for cottage industry and small-scale agriculture. Repair work is also a good fit, since it builds a connection with the community, and provides a variety of experiences for those who want to gain hands-on skills. Most importantly, having a safe, organized, relaxed environment, where we can take a time-out when challenges arise, knowing we've put the checks and balances in place to cover our overhead while we innovate in unexplored territory.

Machine capacity is listed here; http://www.communitymachinery.com/capacity-list, all shop equipment is owned outright, I'm just in the stage of obtaining financing to build or purchase a suitable shop.

Your role would include collaborating on designs, determining appropriate materials to be used, making sure designs work with the capacity of shop equipment on hand, producing/overseeing drawings or models for a design review, and making revisions as necessary. Competency and passion to learn and continiously improve skills in:
• Teamwork, diplomacy, and courage when working with others
• Engineering load tables, material properties, welding procedures,
• Producing and revising CAD drawings for engineering approval
• Troubleshooting and reverse-engineering

As with any upstart, this partnership will require a significant commmitment, and a proven track record in order to build trust. If you're feeling passionate, and want to see if this would be a good fit for you, please contact me here: http://www.communitymachinery.com/daniel-haartman-contact, and I will be in touch.

Thanks for your consideration,

Daniel Haartman

http://GoodWork.ca/956463

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=36465

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca