[sust-mar] Executive Director, f/t, St. John's Farmers' Market Cooperative, Newfoundland

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Fri Dec 15 16:40:56 EST 2017

* Work in nature, conservation & environment - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
http://FoodWork.ca/jobs

Position: Executive Director
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland

The St. John’s Farmers’ Market Cooperative is growing and we are seeking an experienced Executive Director to lead a team of staff and volunteers into an exciting future at our new permanent home.

Since its founding in 2008, the St. John’s Farmers’ Market - and the innovative dual-stakeholder cooperative that runs it - has become a cornerstone of the local food movement and the community. With “Make it, Bake it, Grow it” as our motto the Market has steadily expanded our efforts to provide healthy, local food to the community, while encouraging farmers and crafters to grow their businesses.

In 2018, the Market will take its next big step, moving from its current rented space into a purpose-built permanent home in the St. John’s Community Market facility, now under construction on Freshwater Road. This new space is being designed with the community in mind - a true social enterprise. The Cooperative will be the full-time managers of a 14,000 square foot facility that includes a commercial kitchen, workshop space, cafe, rental spaces, and much more. Our new Executive Director will lead our transition into that space and the implementation of a comprehensive business plan for operations.

Reporting to the Cooperative’s Board of Directors, the Executive Director will:
• Oversee the expansion of Market operations into the new space
• Oversee the implementation of the Market’s business plan
• Manage HR requirements and oversee a small, dedicated staff team that includes a Market Manager, Assistant Manager, and several contract staff
• Develop and maintain an annual budget and maintain sound financial practices
• Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and assist with fund development and grant-writing
• Oversee general marketing, communications and social media outreach
• Represent the Market in a wide range of venues and in relationships with government, community, and business partners

To fill this challenging and exciting role, the ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
• A proven track record of at least 5 years in Executive Director or senior management roles
• Demonstrated consistent success in fundraising
• In-depth knowledge of nonprofit governance principles and managerial best practices (experience in working with a non-profit co-operative is a further asset)
• An ability to address problems with a critical and creative mind
• Strong understanding of financial management and performance measures
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
• Excellent communication (oral, written, social media) and public speaking skills
• Dedication to the values of the Market and the cooperative movement
• A Master’s degree or equivalent would be a strong asset, as would experience in food security/safety and event management

The Cooperative recognizes that this will be a challenging and demanding position. Salary will be competitive, with significant schedule flexibility and the support of an experienced team.

Interested candidates should forward a detailed resume, cover letter, and two references to:
exec at stjohnsfarmersmarket.org

We thank all those that apply but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.

Please submit application by December 29th, 2017.

http://FoodWork.ca/jobs
http://FoodWork.ca/914334

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/job=43341

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms