[sust-mar] Mktg & Admin., f/t, Farmers Markets Co-op, anywhere in Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Jun 6 16:39:16 EDT 2017

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
http://FoodWork.ca/942304

Position: Marketing & Administrative Coordinator
Type: 1 year contract, 21-30 hrs/week (eligibility requirements, see below)
Location: All of Nova Scotia *Preference for Pictou County or Colchester County.

21-30 hours per week

Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia Cooperative is seeking a Marketing & Administrative Coordinator to work with the Executive Director in serving the vibrant Farmers' Market Sector. We are looking for a mature individual skilled in marketing and communications, including social media, video creation and copywriting, as well as experienced in office management. We are seeking a self-motivated person who works well independently and as part of a small, geographically-spread team. The position is a one year term, with intent to extend.

BACKGROUND

The Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia Cooperative (FMNS) aims to build the capacity of farmers’ markets and their member businesses through professional development, innovation, research, province wide marketing, and advocacy.

Since 2004, FMNS has been working on behalf of farmers’ markets and their vendors, producers and artisans. Created by markets for markets, we serve the needs of our member markets and their vendors while also acting to inform, inspire, and advocate for the farmers’ markets movement to the Nova Scotian public.

POSITION

The primary responsibilities of this position are:

(1) MARKETING

Marketing & Social Media Management
• on-going management of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts including content creation (public facing)
• content curation from member markets and vendors (public facing)
• advertising and promotional initiatives for FMNS events (Farmers' Market Sector as audience)
• film and edit 12+ one-minute videos at member markets across Nova Scotia as outlined in our 2017/18 social media marketing campaign (public facing)
• management of Farmers’ Market Sector E-Newsletter from monthly writing to audience segmenting and building, sale of resources, etc. (Farmers' Market Sector as audience)
• regular media outreach and scheduling as well as writing, i.e. press release, column, etc. (public facing)
• recruitment and retention copy writing (Farmers' Market Sector as audience)
• maintenance of marketing-focused sponsorship agreements
• website maintenance and management

(2) ADMINISTRATIVE

A. Office Duties

General administration including but not limited to:
• primary email communication
• annual paperwork such as member renewals, Coop registration, etc.
• issuing invoices and payments
• file maintenance

B. Grant Writing & Reporting

C. Sale of Our Merchandize, E-Trainings and Resources
• sales strategy and goals
• expand opportunities for sales
• ordering and managing of stock
• record keeping on sales

D. Event Planning
• scheduling and logistics of workshops, trainings, professional development and networking events for our members

The Marketing & Administrative Coordinator will report to, and work closely with, the Executive Director. The Marketing & Administrative Coordinator may also collaborate with, and support, contractors hired to complete projects.

QUALITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED

The qualities, skills and experience required for this position are:
• copywriting and content creation across a range of media (eNewsletter, social media, press release);
• social media strategy and management;
• online sales strategy;
• photography and videography including video editing;
• basic website/Wordpress skills or familiarity;
• media experience and/or contacts are an asset;
• administrative skills and experience such as email communication, file maintenance, systems thinking and basic document writing, etc.;
• grant writing and reporting experience or relevant skills;
• event planning and logistics experience or relevant skills;
• interest and experience in working collaboratively as a small team;
• self-motivated, able to work independently;
• an interest in local production, small business, agriculture and/or community development.

SKILLS & EXPERIENCE TO BE GAINED

The skills and experience to be gained in this position are:
• building a portfolio of copywriting, videography and photography;
• grant writing and reporting;
• project management;
• office management;
• communications;
• further development of administrative, planning, and organizational skills;
• non-profit sector;
• membership/cooperative mandate.

TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT

This position is made possible through an employment initiative. As such, to be eligible for this position, you must be either
• based in Pictou County, and
• currently unemployed, and
• a resident of Nova Scotia, and
• a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and
• confirmed eligible by Career Connections Nova Scotia Works following being offered the position.

Or
• a Canadian post-secondary graduate, and
• 30 years or younger as of July 1st, 2017, and
• Must not have participated in any other Youth Employment Strategy programs (ie. Career Focus), and
• a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Location: The Farmers' Markets of Nova Scotia Cooperative office is located in rural Pictou County. The Marketing & Administrative Coordinator, if residing outside of Pictou County, will have the option of working remotely in their own home-based office.
Start Date: Monday, July 3rd, 2017 (tentative). This employment contract is a one year term position with intent to renew/extend.
Wage: $16.00 - $17.00/hour according to experience
Hours: 21-30hr/wk. Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required.
Travel: Expect to travel within the province once per month. Overnight travel will be rare however. Access to a vehicle is required with mileage paid at $.40/km.

TO APPLY

Please email a cover letter and resume, including 2 references, to Keltie Butler at:
FMNS at farmersmarketsnovascotia.ca
Please submit your application in the form of a single pdf document with all required elements included and in the following order: cover letter, resume, references. Supporting files to illustrate technical skills and experience in videography are required. Please confirm in detail your eligibility in accordance with the employment initiative terms noted above under TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT.

DUE DATE: June 18th, 2017 (midnight).

Thank you to all applicants for their time and interest. Short-listed applicants will be contacted, with interviews scheduled for late June.

Farmers' Markets of Nova Scotia (FMNS) is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, First Nations, and persons with disabilities. Diversity is a value of our Cooperative and, moreover, diversity in the farmers' market community is a strength to be cultivated.

http://FoodWork.ca/942304

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=40324

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca