[sust-mar] This Thursday - Capping Carbon Series Finale - June 29, 6-7:30pm

Gabby Mills Gabby at ecologyaction.ca
Tue Jun 27 12:23:28 EDT 2017

Please join us for the final free event in the Capping Carbon | Trading Talk panel series on developing Nova Scotia’s cap-and-trade system.
In November 2016, the government of Nova Scotia announced that it will implement a cap-and trade system to price carbon pollution, starting in 2018, to comply with the Pan-Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change. The design and details of the system are still being developed. Over the last four months we’ve hosted a series of public panel discussions to learn more about how cap-and-trade will impact our shared environment, society, and economy.
In this series finale we will report back with what we’ve heard from the first five panels, and panelists will pitch their ideas for how to design an effective and equitable cap-and-trade system for Nova Scotia that effectively lowers greenhouse gas emissions while stimulating the green economy. We will then open the floor for a lively discussion and Q&A. Join us to learn more about the proposed system, how it could be designed, and what it means for Nova Scotians.
Series Finale | Design Decisions
June 29th, 6:00pm – 7:30pm
6135 University Ave., Halifax, NS
Ondaatje Auditorium
RSVP via Facebook <https://remote.ecologyaction.ca/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=Olf0P2loYMV8Gp9y25Sa5tDixT_5f4xcqF_rG_dZw99_VDB2eL3UCGgAdAB0AHAAcwA6AC8ALwB3AHcAdwAuAGYAYQBjAGUAYgBvAG8AawAuAGMAbwBtAC8AZQB2AGUAbgB0AHMALwAyADUAOAA5ADYANAAxADUAMQAyADEANgAzADQAOAA.&URL=https%3a%2f%2fwww.facebook.com%2fevents%2f258964151216348>
Featuring:
Dr. Meinhard Doelle, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie
Dr. Kate Ervine, International Development Studies, SMU
Ray Ritcey, CEO, Maritimes Energy Association
Stephen Thomas, Energy Campaign Coordinator, Ecology Action Centre
and moderator Lisa Mitchell,  East Coast Environmental Law.
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2EF48.8B2383D0]

These events will be livestreamed via Facebook Live on the Ecology Action Centre’s page<https://remote.ecologyaction.ca/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=NS-z5mgmXBDRP8QTvmqw6aJZXdiJ4CMx-jsaeHHP7Yx_VDB2eL3UCGgAdAB0AHAAcwA6AC8ALwB3AHcAdwAuAGYAYQBjAGUAYgBvAG8AawAuAGMAbwBtAC8ARQBjAG8AbABvAGcAeQBBAGMAdABpAG8AbgBDAGUAbgB0AHIAZQAvAA..&URL=https%3a%2f%2fwww.facebook.com%2fEcologyActionCentre%2f>. Missed an earlier event? You can watch it online<https://remote.ecologyaction.ca/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=_J0wi9hL-0iPFI7b4V2BTkckB7Izdgw0vJ0ziwr7InS_3Tl2eL3UCGgAdAB0AHAAOgAvAC8AdwB3AHcALgBlAGMAbwBsAG8AZwB5AGEAYwB0AGkAbwBuAC4AYwBhAC8AYwBhAHAALQBhAG4AZAAtAHQAcgBhAGQAZQA.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ecologyaction.ca%2fcap-and-trade>. Contact gabby at ecologyaction.ca<https://remote.ecologyaction.ca/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=TMR183FlcQ6NOGUitqcWgl42ebtwv6EBqzSe0jMxZ8APQDx2eL3UCG0AYQBpAGwAdABvADoAZwBhAGIAYgB5AEAAZQBjAG8AbABvAGcAeQBhAGMAdABpAG8AbgAuAGMAYQA.&URL=mailto%3agabby%40ecologyaction.ca> for more information.