[sust-mar] Summer job: Nature school educator, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon May 15 15:15:11 EDT 2017

* Work in environment, conservation & nature - GoodWork.ca *

SUMMER JOB
https://GoodWork.ca/983404

at the Knowlesville ART & NATURE CENTRE

Job Title: Summer Arts & Nature Program Educator
Type: summer student position or season youth position (see below)
Location: Knowlesville Art and Nature Centre / Nature School in Knowlesville, Carleton County

Wage rate: $11.50 /hr

Duration of employment: 8 weeks

Number of hours per week the student will work: 35 hrs/week

Start Date: June 19, 2017

Work Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Assist with the development and implementation of a summer nature program for rural children in the area
• Develop a series of outdoor educational activities that include literacy, art, environmental education, craft & local history;
• Support an organic seed to seed gardening education program
• Assist with care of Knowlesville Art & Nature Centre classroom infrastructure, grounds, trails & gardens
• Assist with the production of our newsletters and updates to the website
• Assist with outdoor building and landscaping projects onsite

Eligibility:

Both:

1) Full time student
2) Youth age 15 to 30

Background:

The Knowlesville Art & Nature Centre is located in the heart of rural New Brunswick surrounded by over 80 acres of fields, wetlands, organic gardens, and mixed Acadian forest. The Art & Nature School initiative aims to create a life-long learning centre that will be the centre for building a vibrant land-based rural neighborhood. Our buildings are solar-powered, wood-heated and sections are built with strawbale-design or timber-frame elements.

This is the 9th year of our summer programming, which includes a forest day camp for rural children, a community garden and resource library, and hosting several community events.

We are seeking a student excited about outdoor, nature-inspired education who is fun-loving, enthusiastic, warm, with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, musicality, and strength in arts and crafts. Candidates with some background in Education/ Community Leadership/ Natural Sciences/ Fine Arts are strongly preferred. Lifeguard Certification and/or wilderness training are an asset.

Applicants from across Canada are welcome. For the right candidate there are some housing options nearby the school, please contact
us for more information on housing options.

Send resumes & references to :

Tegan Wong-Daugherty
Knowlesville Art & Nature Centre
111 Simms Road
Knowlesville NB  E7L 4P7

Email: info at knowlesvillenature.ca

For more information visit:
http://knowlesvillenature.ca
OR http://www.facebook.com/KAN.Knowlesville.Art.Nature.School/

https://GoodWork.ca/983404

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=40438

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca