[sust-mar] Nature school: Senior elementary teacher, f/t, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon May 15 15:15:07 EDT 2017

* Work in environment, conservation & nature - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
https://GoodWork.ca/973404

Position: Senior Elementary & Middle School Teacher
Location: Knowlesville, New Brunswick

Job Opening for a Senior Elementary & Middle School Teacher in Knowlesville, New Brunswick

The Knowlesville Art and Nature School is actively seeking an experienced teacher to lead our integrated Senior Elementary & Middle School (Grades 4 to 7) program in concert with our parent-volunteer teacher collective. The Art & Nature School is at the heart of a growing off-grid rural neighbourhood that is building an intergenerational environmentally-minded community located in Western New Brunswick. Surrounded by over 80 acres of fields, wetlands, organic gardens, and mixed Acadian forest, the Knowlesville Art and Nature School's mission is to create a life-long learning centre that enriches the social fabric and vitality of the area.

Together within a larger South Knowlesville community, we are working to attract families to move to the Knowlesville area and the Art & Nature School is a central part of supporting this larger vision. Our programming builds upon this year's preschool to Grade 6 classes and includes specialty subjects in handwork, woodworking, painting, foreign languages, drawing and music.

We are seeking an experienced teacher who is fun-loving, enthusiastic, warm, with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, effective classroom management skills, musicality, and strength in science, math and language arts. It is our desire to hire a qualified individual committed to leading the upper elementary and middle school grades program and working with our education team to assist with the celebration of seasonal festivals, workshops and events.

The ideal candidate will have training and/or experience in Waldorf and/or Enki education. In addition, the following qualities are required:
• Bachelor of Education;
• Abilities in vocal and instrumental music and visual art;
• Ability to create a warm, gentle and structured learning environment ;
• Strong organizational skills and energy for working in a vibrant community-?based school;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with children, colleagues and parents;
• Recent Police Check and CPR-?First Aid training.
• Working knowledge of the NB Curriculum Outcomes and proven ability to plan integrated lessons for a multi-age group
• Resourcefulness, flexibility and creativity in problem solving given the opportunities and challenges of pioneering an alternative vision and approach to education

Scope of the position:

The teacher will plan and implement a Waldorf & Enki based senior elementary & middle school curriculum, communicate with parents, collaborate with other Grade School teachers and attend School and Faculty meetings. Preparation includes 2-day training in Enki Education before the start of the school year as well as curriculum and classroom preparation during the summer of 2017.

Other considerations:
• While there is room for some occasional exceptions, the classroom is essentially a technology free zone
• Parent involvement is welcomed in the school and teachers often work directly and on a daily basis with parent volunteers

The school opens on September 5th, 2017. Classes with students will begin September 11th, 2017. Candidates with Waldorf or Enki teacher training certification or equivalent credentials are strongly preferred. If the candidate does not have experience in these areas, willingness and ability to co-invest in training opportunities will be taken into account.

Compensation:

Salary is determined based on qualifications and years of experience. The base annual full-!time salary for a Lead Teacher is $25,000.

Housing:

Applicants from across Canada are welcome. For the right candidate there are some housing options nearby the school, please contact us for more information on housing options.

Apply:

If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and a resume listing background, training, experience, and three references. Call or write Tegan Wong-Daugherty, Managing Director, at 506-375-8623 or info at knowlesvillenature.ca

For more information on the Knowlesville Art &Nature School please check out our website http://www.knowlesvillenature.ca and also our Facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/KAN.Knowlesville.Art.Nature.School/ .

https://GoodWork.ca/973404

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=40437

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca