[sust-mar] Energy Finance Dev't Coordinator, full-time, Town of Bridgewater, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Aug 10 17:12:38 EDT 2018

* Work in nature, conservation & environment - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/911374

Employer: Town of Bridgewater
Location: Bridgewater, Nova Scotia

Title: Energy Finance & Development Coordinator
Non-Union
Department: Planning & Recreation
Reports to: Director of Planning & Recreation

About the role

During a two-year term, this position will work with the Town's energy team and experts in energy finance to create a strategy for capitalizing local community scale energy efficiency and renewable energy projects valued at more than $370 million. You will develop strategic capitalization plans, participate in the scoping, design, and implementation of financing mechanisms for local energy projects, and assist the possible development of a local energy utility.

About the community

Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, is a nationally recognized municipal leader in innovative sustainable practices, a reputation we have been growing for a decade.

Bridgewater's signature energy projects have been honoured by the GLOBE Climate Awards. Our community's application to the Smart Cities Challenge has been named as one of five finalists across Canada in the $5 million prize/grant competition.

About you

You're a mid-career professional with experience in public or private sector finance and energy efficiency or renewable energy development.

You have knowledge of innovative financing instruments relevant to the energy sector and are skilled at financial analysis and projections, financial risk analysis, and have strong organization, research, and presentation skills.

Our goals

• End energy poverty for residents
• Increase prosperity for businesses, institutions, and the Town
• Become a low-carbon community

Does this sound like you? If so, you can view the full job description at www.bridgewater.ca . To apply, e-mail us your resume and cover letter describing the contributions you can make to the Town of Bridgewater. We're accepting applications until Friday, August 24, 2018, at employment at bridgewater.ca .

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/911374

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=47311

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca