[sust-mar] Community Giving Manager, full-time, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Jun 22 12:45:43 EDT 2018

* Work in nature, conservation & environment - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/998164

Position: Community Giving Manager
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

ORGANIZATION

The Ecology Action Centre (EAC) is an environmental charity based in Nova Scotia. We take leadership on critical environmental issues from biodiversity protection to climate change to environmental justice. We are grounded in community and are a strong voice and watchdog for our environment. We work to catalyze change through policy advocacy, community development, and building awareness. We take a holistic approach to the environment and our economy to create a just and sustainable society.

POSITION

The Ecology Action Centre is seeking a Community Giving Manager who is passionate about environmental issues and is a skilled fundraiser. With a blossoming record membership of 6,000, engaged senior fundraising volunteers, and one of the largest monthly giving programs in Atlantic Canada, the stage is set for a seasoned and inspired fundraising professional to take our programs to the next level. The Community Giving Manager will be responsible for successfully implementing the goals and tactics outlined in EAC’s 2018-2023 fundraising strategy, and will oversee the continued growth and success EAC’s private donor/member fundraising initiatives as we prepare for our upcoming 50th anniversary. Our ideal candidate loves to build relationships and is goal driven with a passion for collaboration and innovation.

Specific Responsibilities:
• Oversee the success of the following funding streams:
• Major Giving, Legacy Giving, Membership acquisition and retention (focus on monthly giving), Sustainability Allies (corporate giving), and Direct Mail, with some event support.
• Prospect, solicit, cultivate and steward a caseload of 125-150 existing and new major donors, with a focus on securing gifts over $100,000.
• Grow and improve the Legacy Giving program while stewarding existing legacy gift donors.
• Directly supervise and mentor the Community Giving Coordinator on major gifts.
• Collaborate with EAC staff Directors and Board on all aspects of EAC’s fundraising initiatives.
• Work with communications staff on social media marketing, major donor solicitation packages and membership communications.
• Participate in and support the overall work of the Ecology Action Centre and the Operations Team, including but not limited to project team support, event organizing, engagement organizing, and promoting our overall impact.

REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE

General
• Passion for environmental issues.
• Proven successful fundraising track record in major gifts, with an emphasis on face to face solicitation.
• Persuasive personality with exemplary interpersonal and general communication skills.
• Superb relationship-building skills and ability to train and coach fundraising staff and senior volunteers.
• In-depth knowledge of monthly giving programs and how to evaluate their success.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, independently and as part of a team.
• Strong organizational skills, initiative, and a diplomatic, creative, and optimistic approach to complex issues.

Major Gifts
• Minimum 3-5 years in securing major gifts over $10,000.
• Experience in all aspects of the donor stewardship and cultivation cycle.
• Ability to mentor staff on major gift fundraising.

Communication and Marketing
• Excellent communication skills: public speaking, writing, delivering presentations to various audiences, and participating in group meetings.
• Experience in creating persuasive donor offer packages, solicitation materials and fundraising letters.

Legacy Giving
• Strong understanding of legacy giving and estate planning.
• Ability to manage conversations around end-of-life matters with donors and supporters.

Direct Mail
• Successful track record in direct mail marketing and insights on segmentation strategy.

Other
• Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
• Willing to travel within NS.

DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Experience working with CIVI CRM, Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce
• Experience working and/or volunteering in a non-profit organization.
• Experience with engagement organizing, storytelling and/or developmental evaluation.
• Valid driver’s license.

TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT

Ideal Start Date: Week of August 6th – 10th, 2018 for a two-week transition with current Community Giving Manager.

Full-time: 37.5 hours per week. Salary scale is $50,000- $58,000 based on experience. 4 weeks of paid vacation; cost-shared benefits plan; indefinite term contract.

Hours: Monday to Friday – variable hours. Some evening and weekend work will be required.

Location: This position will be based at EAC’s office, 2705 Fern Lane, Halifax.

TO APPLY:

Please email a cover letter, resume, and 2 references as a single PDF document with the file name as follows: LastName_FirstName.pdf to Ryan O’Quinn via employment at ecologyaction.ca . Please use the subject line "Community Giving Manager".

APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11:59pm on Tuesday, July 10th, 2018

We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Interviews will take place on July 17th.

The Ecology Action Centre is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from individuals in traditionally marginalized groups such as: racialized people, Indigenous people, lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender and queer people, and persons with disabilities. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter or application if they are a member of a marginalized community. Diversity is a stated value of the Ecology Action Centre. Moreover, diversity in the EAC community is a strength that we seek to cultivate. It is the responsibility of every employee of EAC to foster a culture that embraces and promotes diversity. The Ecology Action Centre was founded in 1971 and is one of Nova Scotia’s most active environmental organizations. The Centre welcomes new members and volunteers: http://www.ecologyaction.ca .

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/998164

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=46189

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca