[sust-mar] Petition:Bag-Free Halifax!

Jen Stotland velveteyeball at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 18:21:06 EDT 2018

 The City of Halifax is considering a feasibility study on banning free
plastic bags, after the manner of Montreal, Amsterdam, India and
California. Ina new model, bags might come with a mandatory fee or be
reusable only as they are at Superstore on Quinpool road.

Help me show the city that there is support for this idea. Halifax is a
forward-thinking environmental city, but out wind-blown plastic waste right
now goes straight to the Sargasso Sea which contains critical sea turtle
habitat. I have heard feedback that places in the UK who have banned free
plastic bags enjoy a more aesthetic and cleanlier public sphere.

Please sign and share widely!

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/107/736/061/

--
And for my part, I shall not wholly fail of my task, said Gandalf, if
anything passes through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit