[sust-mar] Events Coordinator, full-time, ACORN Organic, Sackville NB

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Fri Nov 30 16:36:31 EST 2018

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
http://FoodWork.ca/hiring
http://FoodWork.ca/908494

Position: Events Coordinator
Location: Sackville, New Brunswick

ACORN is the key organization in Atlantic Canada for information on organic agriculture, eating organics, and connecting all the parts together. From seed to farmer to consumer, ACORN works to bring the whole picture together–making food choices healthier and more environmentally responsible. We are looking for experienced, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals to join our team, and have an immediate opening for a trustworthy individual to fill our Events Coordinator position.

The Events Coordinator will support in the planning and execution process of events for our members and the general public. We are seeking a professional, detail oriented individual, who will adapt and contribute to a fast paced, and tight knit work environment. The successful candidate will exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, and superior organizational skills to manage tight timelines and conflicting priorities. You will be able to proactively identify problems and innovate solutions to challenging situations with exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills.

You will report directly to the Executive Director and will work collaboratively with Project Coordinators and the Development Coordinator. You will bring a creative, energetic and flexible approach to projects where you will coordinate, but not limited to, the following: event branding concept design, event websites, agenda and content building, venue logistics, travel booking, and communication planning. You will maintain a high level of excellence and partner relationships while collaborating with the ACORN team and membership, to provide unique and educational event experiences in organic agriculture. Therefore, an interest or experience in organic agriculture, agro-ecology, and/or the environment would all be an asset.

Working directly with the ACORN team and external partners, you will utilize these skills to carry out the following:

Event planning
• Consulting with the ACORN staff team, Board of Directors and stakeholders to determine event goals and activities for the year
• Instigating and creating ACORN’s event calendar for the fiscal year, ensuring timeliness of events, and organizational flow are consistent
• Working with the Communications & Marketing Coordinator to promote ACORN’s events to increase exposure to maximize participation

Financial Activities
• Working with ACORN’s Executive Director to develop an overall events budget and revenue goals
• Writing and submitting grant applications to support events and financial claims

Management / Team Relations
• Initiating and coordinating a team of volunteers to support ACORN event activities
• Applying for and overseeing an Events Assistant position
• Supporting other activities as required to fulfill ACORN’s overall activities

Travel will be required for this position, with frequent evenings/weekend working hours, requiring a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle.

Salary will be commensurate with experience. Please forward your cover letter to acorndirector at acornorganic.org , clearly stating your relevant experience and salary expectations and resume, no later than December 31, 2018 – interviews will begin immediately.

While all candidates will be equally evaluated based on the job requirements and competencies, consideration for youth 29 years old and younger that are unemployed or are not currently working in their field of study are encouraged to apply.

Please note the specific requirements of the position as included in this advertisement – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

Compensation Range:
$35,100-42,000/year
Vacation starting at 6% per annum.
Participation in ACORN’s Benefits program.

http://FoodWork.ca/hiring
http://FoodWork.ca/908494

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/job=49480

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms