[sust-mar] General Manager, full-time, Lakeland Plant World, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Dec 20 17:07:03 EST 2019

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

HALIFAX & DARTMOUTH JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/983455

Position: General Manager
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

General Manager Posting

Lakeland Plant World is a unique family run Retail Garden Centre and Nursery, nestled in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Our team is passionate about plants, people, gardening, professional landscaping and so much more.

We are looking for a General Manager(GM) to lead our dynamic team. The General Manager will work alongside of the Centre Owner who will assist and mentor.

The great thing about being the GM is the job diversity never a dull moment and not one day is like the other. We are looking for an energetic and charismatic manger to lead the day to day operations, engage customers, keep sound records, and coach our team. If you have a background in retail and horticulture, are able to achieve results, lead and inspire those around you then this job is for you!

Responsibilities and Duties
• Set the professional standard throughout all departments.
• Manage, maintain and organize Health and Safety procedures.
• Manage, recruit, develop, coach and schedule the retail sales team.
• Order and control live and hard good inventories, having attention to details.
• Create and maintain professional relationships with vendors and internal partners.
• Maintain store standards and elevate customer experience through merchandising.
• Have a sound knowledge of plant material ranging from perennials to trees and shrubs.
• Have a sound knowledge of products benefiting plants such as soil and fertilizers.
• Create and maintain an outstanding shopping experience for customers by providing the best of customer service.

Qualifications
• Formal horticulture training
• 3 + years at a senior management level
• 3 + years in a retail environment
• Proven track record of achieving sale goals and managing successful teams
• Physically able to maintain a full work day of lifting, standing, and walking
• Must be available and flexible to work weekdays, weekends and holidays.

Compensation

This positing holds the opportunity for additional training, certification as well as a health benefit package. Salary will be based upon experience and horticulture knowledge.

Take Action now!

Send your cover letter and resume to:

Robin Godfrey at robin at lakelandplantworld.com

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/983455

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/983455

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca