[sust-mar] Communication Volunteer, Nova Scotia Environmental Network, anywhere in Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu May 23 22:34:36 EDT 2019

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

VOLUNTEER POSITION
https://GoodWork.ca/volunteer
https://GoodWork.ca/927535

Position: Outreach & Communication Volunteer
Location: anywhere in Nova Scotia

The Nova Scotia Environmental Network (NSEN) was established in 1991 and is a non-profit organization registered under the Society Act. The network is comprised of environmental and health groups whose common purpose is the conservation and enhancement of the natural environment and the pursuit of a sustainable future for Nova Scotia.

NSEN organizes events, capacity-building workshops, webinars, and roundtables to support the work of its members. Our website features event listings, job & volunteer opportunities, action alerts, sustainability resources directory, information on a variety of environmental issues, and fundraising & media tools.

Mission

Our mission is to connect environmental and health organizations together to conserve and embrace our natural environment and achieve a sustainable future for Nova Scotia. We know that we are stronger and can be more successful if we work together to affect positive change.

NSEN aims:
• To provide a medium of communication for its members via social media, website and e-newsletter
• To encourage its members to share information, resources, energy and expertise
• To facilitate communications and interaction between its members, affiliate networks, governments and the general public on environmental issues, policies and programs
• To bring members together through the caucuses, roundtables, and events
• To act as a liaison between members and the provincial and federal government
• To provide its members access to the programs and resources of the Canadian Environmental Network
• To carry out educational activities that develop community awareness of environmental conservation and promote sustainability, and to encourage other organizations to do the same.

Role Description

The Communications Volunteer is responsible for managing and growing NSEN's online presence by creating, curating, and posting engaging content across all of our social media platforms, as well as assisting with traditional communications and media relations tasks. The role will also include work in event planning, fundraising, and building new partnerships.

Duties & Responsibilities

The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for:
• Managing NSEN's communication: responding to Facebook messages, responding to emails, creating content for website
• Creating, curating, and scheduling/posting engaging content on Facebook and Twitter
• Overseeing the content and distribution of our e-newsletter
• Writing and/or sourcing environmentally-themed content for the website
• Assisting with event planning, fundraising, and other duties as needed

Attendance of monthly NSEN board meetings is mandatory. These meetings can be down by Google Hangouts.

This is a remote position - we welcome candidates from anywhere in Nova Scotia to apply.

Good to Have:
• Previous experience scheduling and posting social media and creating e-newsletters, preferably for a non-profit or social enterprise
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work well independently without much supervision or as part of a team
• Ability to use and familiarity with Hootsuite, Wordpress, Mailchimp, Facebook
• Experience in graphic design, photography, and/or videography, an asset

Required:
• Positive attitude and team spirit!
• Openness to ask questions and clarifications when needed
• Organized & detail-oriented worker

Commitment

Volunteers are expected to commit to approximately 8-12 hours per week on an ongoing basis.

If you are interested in being a part of the NSEN team, please email your resume and cover letter outlining your passions and skills as they relate to this opportunity to Megan MacLeod, Communications Coordinator, NSEN at nsenvironmentalnetwork at gmail.com .

Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.

Please include your First and Last Name and Communications Volunteer in the subject line of the email :)

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/927535

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca