[sust-mar] Camp Logistics Co-ord., June-Aug., housing, Whale Camp, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Feb 17 15:13:08 EST 2020

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

SUMMER CAMP JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/SummerCampJobs
https://GoodWork.ca/978065

Position: Camp Co-ordinator – Logistics
Location: Grand Manan Island, New Brunswick
Remun.: paid+ housing+ food (see below)

The Whale Camp at the Fundy Marine Science Institute is dedicated to providing marine biology experiential educational programs and facilities for learning about the dynamic marine ecology of the Bay of Fundy as well as the coastal, terrestrial and human ecologies of Grand Manan Island. Our goal is to use hands-on, discovery-oriented marine science activities to increase awareness and understanding of these living systems and by extension the living systems of our oceans and planet.

We are seeking a highly qualified individual to manage the logistics and scheduling of campers and staff at our residential science, nature, adventure camp on Grand Manan Island, NB (see address below). Our program includes whale watching trips, kayaking, and general observation of whales, dolphins, porpoises, seals, puffins, eagles, and a wide variety of seabirds. Our activities and lessons focus largely on the intertidal zones and the dynamic ecosystem of the Bay of Fundy. We also offer a college credit program to students wishing to deepen their knowledge and skills in marine science.

Requirements: Much of your time will be spent working in the office. Candidate must have strong organizational background and computer skills. An enthusiasm for working with youth and adults in an outdoor setting, ability to motivate others, demonstrated ability to facilitate group dynamics in an outdoor camp environment is necessary. Must be flexible, willing to work long hours, creative, patient, have a positive attitude, and sense of humor. CPR/ First Aid. Room and board provided as well as a few whale watching trips, puffin trips and kayaking excursions.

Professional Experience and education:
• At least one year experience in an administrative position involving scheduling and coordination of logistics, preferably some in a residential setting.
• At least one year teaching experience in informal setting (outside of classroom) for children and adults.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, environmental studies, humanities, natural sciences, business, or other relevant field.

Responsibilities: Overseeing and coordinating the smooth flow of day and evening programming including but not limited to:
• Arrange schedule for all daily and evening programs for student and adult programs
• Coordinate trips and programs with Island Contractors
• Arrange day off and duty schedule for all staff
• Coordinate all programs with kitchen staff
• Coordinate teaching group lists, medical lists, housing lists and transportation lists
• Prepare travel and transportation days when needed
• Participate in travel and transportation days as needed
• Facilitate group initiatives and team building exercises
• Assist with planning and facilitating orientation activities.
• Communicate with parents regarding invoices, missing forms and other logistics
• Organize, maintain and update all camper forms for student and adult program
• Assist with general camp maintenance
• Assist teaching with day and evening programming as needed
• Work in the office each day answering phones and doing whatever is needed
• Oversee camper bank for each session
• Order more supplies as needed
• Maintain and display a positive and encouraging attitude at all times

Term of Employment: June 10 - August 30, 2020

Language of Work: English

Compensation:
• Pay: $20-25 per hour depending on experience; 30 hours per week
• Housing and food provided for full work period
• A few whale watching trips, puffin trips and kayaking excursions if schedules permit.

To apply:

Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
info at whalecamp.com

Contact Information

Summer Office + Campus:

The Whale Camp, Inc.
100 Red Point Rd.
Grand Manan, New Brunswick E5G 4J4

info at whalecamp.com

1-800-54-WHALE or 610-399-1463

Winter Office:

54 Academy Rd.
Kirkwood, PA 17536

info at whalecamp.com

1-800-54-WHALE or 610-399-1463

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/978065

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summer Camp Jobs 2020
https://GoodWork.ca/SummerCampJobs

Summer jobs https://GoodWork.ca/summerjobs
Work outdoors https://GoodWork.ca/outside
Environmental & outdoor education jobs https://GoodWork.ca/outdooreducationjobs

~~~

Summer Camps in Canada / Camps d'été au Canada
Canada: http://google.ca/search?q=%22summer+camps%22+canada
Ontario: http://google.ca/search?q=summer+camps+ontario
Quebec: http://google.ca/search?q=camps+d%27%E9t%E9+qu%E9bec
BC: http://google.ca/search?q=summer+camps+bc
Nova Scotia: http://google.ca/search?q=summer+camps+nova+scotia
More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Summer_camps
http://curlie.org/Top/Recreation/Camps/

Outdoor & Environmental Education - orgs, schools, links, resources
Outdoor Ed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outdoor_education
Environmental Ed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_education
Orgs., schools & links: http://planetfriendly.net/learn.html#ee
http://curlie.org/Recreation/Outdoors/Schools_and_Education/
Council of Outdoor Educators of Ontario (COEO) http://www.coeo.org/

The importance of summer camp
https://www.google.ca/search?q=the+importance+of+summer+camp

Organizations & Resources
* Take Me Outside http://takemeoutside.ca/
* Child and Nature Alliance http://www.childnature.ca
* Nature Child Reunion http://naturechildreunion.ca

Nature Deficit Disorder - "a range of current child health issues arising from a lifestyle
that focuses on screen time rather than outdoor exploration"
About: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nature_deficit_disorder
Search: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22nature+deficit+disorder%22
News: http://news.google.com/news?q=%22nature+deficit+disorder%22

Last Child in the Woods
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Last+Child+in+the+Woods%22
Richard Louv  http://richardlouv.com/
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Richard+Louv%22

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/978065

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca