Veggie farming, April–Oct., near Bridgewater, Nova Scotia

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Tue Jan 28 15:33:06 EST 2020

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

VEGETABLE FARMING
Grow local - http://FoodWork.ca/GrowLocal
Nova Scotia - http://FoodWork.ca/NovaScotia

Position: Small-Scale Organic Farm Worker
Farm: Soil Mates Farm
Location: Farmington/Barss Corner, near Lunenburg & Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
Housing: rental options (enquire)

Start Date: April 1st, 2020
End Date: October 15, 2020

35 hours/week $15/hour plus access to vegetable harvest and lunch time meals

About Our Farm:

Soil Mates Farm is a small vegetable farm in Farmington, Nova Scotia. Our farm is run by first-generation farmers who are passionate about feeding ourselves, our community and our soil. This is the sixth season of operation of the farm and our first full season on our newly purchased farm property.

Job Description & Responsibilities:

We are seeking candidates interested in expanding their knowledge and understanding of organic farming and food production. Individuals should be self-motivated, able to successfully communicate as part of a team and willing to engage in physical work outdoors with a positive attitude. Successful candidates would be expected to assist with a broad range of tasks including but not limited to: weeding, transplanting, harvesting, post-harvest processing, as well as other duties that may arise during the course of the season.

Required Qualifications/Skills:
• Self-motivated
• Willing to work outdoors in all weather
• Punctual
• Previous experience in agriculture, particularly organic agriculture is an asset.
• Previous experience doing outdoor and/or manual labour also an asset but if you have a willingness to learn we will train you!

If you are looking for accommodations in the area, there are some rental options we can provide. Preference will be given to candidates who are unemployed and Canadian citizen or permanent resident legally entitled to work in Canada and are a Nova Scotia resident as position is funded through the START program.

To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:

soilmatescoop at gmail.com

http://FoodWork.ca/hiring
http://FoodWork.ca/929755

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/929755

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms