[sust-mar] Assistant Manager, f/t, housing, Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort, Cape Breton Island

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Jan 30 14:54:15 EST 2020

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

CAPE BRETON ISLAND JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/966855

Position: Assistant Resort Manager
Company: Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort & Retreat Centre
Location: Cabot Shores, eastern Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

Cabot Shores is an eco-friendly Wilderness Resort along the Cabot Trail of Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. Since 2004, we have welcomed guests from around the world for 4 seasons of adventures: including hiking, kayaking/canoeing/stand up paddle boarding and snowshoeing; well programs, cultural adventures including our Bistro with local seafood and home grown vegetables and often live music; a jump off spot for the Gaelic, French Acadian and Mi'[kmaq cultures around Cape Breton.

The overall job is to help plan, organize, control and evaluate operations. These operations are across guest services,housekeeping and maintenance. It involves the guest life-cycle from inquiry, to booking, to orientation, to dealing with guest issues and follow up. You'll be part of a team for which you will order supplies and work with financials in terms meeting our business and marketing and quality goals. You will also be involved in contributing to our website and social media.

You will be leading a team and also part of a larger team of energetic, dynamic and friendly staff. It helps that you've managed or supervised folks, have good interpersonal skills, like to work hard and play hard. More an more, in addition to our hosptiality, food and adventures services, Cabot Shores is adding more special events, retreats and conferences to our menu, all of which you will be part of.

Specific tasks include: Address customers' complaints or concerns; assist in preparing marketing plans, budgets and monitor revenues and expenses; Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities; Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies; Implement marketing activities; Establish work schedules; Enforce policies and procedures; Develop and implement business plans; Develop and implement policies and procedures for daily operations; Assist clients/guests with special needs

Staff housing available.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/966855

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/966855

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca