[sust-mar] Food Justice Coalition Coordinator, Sept.-Oct., Halifax

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Jul 27 19:51:54 EDT 2020

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

NOVA SCOTIA JOBS
http://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
http://FoodWork.ca/953175

Position: FOOD JUSTICE COALITION COORDINATOR
Eligibility: age 30 & under (see below)
Dates: 8 week contract, starting Sept 8 (negotiable)
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Job Description:

Since the establishment of The Loaded Ladle a decade ago, a number of other food-security and food-justice related organizations and projects have emerged within the broader community of Dalhousie University. There is a need to connect the various food-related projects, organizations, and issues in the campus community into a Dalhousie Food Justice Coalition.

This position will identify existing food-related agencies, organizations, and activities in the Dalhousie community and develop a Dalhousie Food Justice Coalition. This will include networking, communications, and developing an online resource so people can easily connect with the various groups and activities.

Responsibilities of the Coordinator will be to:
• Identifying the range of food-related agencies and activities for inclusion in the Dalhousie Food Coalition;
• Establishing and maintaining communications with each of the above;
• Developing a web site with related social media inputs to represent the Dalhousie Food Coalition;
• Gather and disseminate information on each of the partners in the coalition
• Engage members of the coalition in strategic planning and goal-setting dialogues for continued action after the end of the project.

The ideal person for this job has:
• Ability to take a leadership position to pull together key players in the food and social justice movements at Dalhousie.
• Working with others, identifying their skills and encouraging and supporting people to play the most relevant role that their skills and capacity allow.
• Web and computer skills, including basic web design and knowledge of social media.
• Experience working with groups, student societies, collectives, or other coalitions

Compensation: $20.10 per hour at 22.5 hours per week

Start date: September 8, 2020 (negotiable)

Term: 8 weeks contract

Application Due Date: Thursday, August 5, 2020, at 11:59 pm.

Eligibility:

This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program, therefore applicants must be:
• Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
• A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
• Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.

*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.

How To Apply:

Email resume and cover letter to info at loadedladle.com by August 5, 2020 at 11:59pm.

Please include the job title when you are applying for in the subject line.

About the Loaded Ladle:

The Loaded Ladle is a non-profit open food cooperative of students and community members based out of the Dalhousie Students’ Union Building. We are dedicated to providing accessible, sustainable and locally sourced food by providing free meals on campus and by supporting off-campus events and groups who share our mandate for social and environmental justice. We aim to address injustices within the global food market, particularly in how it affects university campuses and marginalized communities under capitalism. We offer a local alternative to corporate food models, encouraging creative resistance and engaging in food justice knowledge and resource sharing.

Employment Equity:

The Loaded Ladle commits itself to an equity-based approach to hiring, which incorporates an awareness of systemic oppression. We recognize that the public face of the broader food justice movement in North America is predominantly white and privileged. We also recognize that the people most affected in the struggle for food sovereignty are people from historically marginalized groups. For these reasons, The Loaded Ladle believes that employment equity is necessary to challenge some of these injustices.

The Loaded Ladle sees Employment Equity as a proactive measure to prioritize hiring people from historically marginalized groups. In order to be considered for Employment Equity, we strongly encourage people to self-identify in their cover letter. A non-comprehensive list of these groups includes Indigenous people, women, people of colour, Black Nova Scotians, Inuit and Métis people, Acadians, lesbian, bisexual, gay, two spirit, transgender, transsexual, queer and intersex people, people with disabilities, and working class people. This policy seeks to act as an extension of the Loaded Ladle’s Anti-Oppression Mandate.

http://FoodWork.ca/hiring
http://FoodWork.ca/953175

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/953175

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca