[sust-mar] Stewardship Field Assistant, summer/fall, Nova Scotia Nature Trust, Dartmouth NS

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Jun 11 12:49:15 EDT 2020

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

NOVA SCOTIA JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://GoodWork.ca/951865

Position: Stewardship Field Assistant
Eligibility: age 30 & under (see below)
Term: full-time contract until 31 October 2020

Location: Dartmouth, Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia

The Nova Scotia Nature Trust is a small, highly effective land conservation charity, protecting Nova Scotia’s most outstanding natural areas through private land conservation. We have secured 16,000 acres of conservation lands in recent years and have an ambitious program to secure further lands for nature. Securement is just the start – they need active stewardship to ensure the lands entrusted to our care are protected in perpetuity. To help us ensure nature is thriving on our lands, we are looking for a Stewardship Field Assistant to monitor our properties and help undertake the stewardship actions they need.

We are looking for a highly efficient and energetic field worker who can organize their field work program, arranging visits to our conservation lands. You will be able to navigate yourself safely in and out of all sorts of rough terrain. We don’t need an expert ecologist – though you will be developing your knowledge, from the good grounding you already have. You do need to be able to handle map-based environmental information and preparing reports. You will enjoy working closely with other Stewardship Team members and volunteers to help achieve this challenging yet rewarding task.

This is a really exciting time to join the Nature Trust, and a great role to start your career in conservation. You will be monitoring many of Nova Scotia’s most precious places, and gain invaluable insight and skills from our expert staff and volunteers. Each day will be different, and each day you will be making a tangible and lasting difference to protect Nova Scotia’s wildlife.

This short-term full-time contract position will last until 31 October 2020, and is part funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Whatever your background, if you enjoy communicating and handling data, but are at your best out in the field, this could be the ideal role for you.

Read the full job description for details and application instructions.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/951865

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/951865

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca