[sust-mar] HR Coordinator, full-time, Clean Foundation, Dartmouth/Halifax

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Apr 9 14:37:17 EDT 2021

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

Green Jobs in Atlantic Canada
https://GoodWork.ca/Atlantic
https://GoodWork.ca/980495

Position: Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Dartmouth/ Halifax, Nova Scotia

Clean Foundation is an independent, non-governmental charity that works to support the fair transition to a cleaner economy and greener society. We do this through collaboration, leadership, and a focus on the possible. We bring knowledge, tools and inspiration needed to encourage the actions that lead to positive environmental change. Learn more about us and the work we do: clean.ns.ca

Summary of the Position:

The HR Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the People and Culture Team with its day-to-day Human Resources function. This is an amazing opportunity to be able to help build processes and support an amazing group of people working for a sustainable future. The successful candidate needs to have strong interpersonal, organizational skills and a passion for HR.

Specific Accountabilities (Duties and Responsibilities):
• Supporting the HR administrative and operational requirements for our organization
• Complete day-to-day HR related activities such as handling employee changes in our system, onboarding, drafting employment related letters, respond to HR related inquiries, as well as other projects as requested.
• Support in the full end to end recruitment process as well as actively participate in growing our talent pipeline.
• Manage the application process for wage subsidies where necessary.
• Onboarding set-up for all new hires, co-ops and students, including conducting new employee orientations.
• Assist with performance management and skills evaluation procedures.
• Prepare employment related letters (offers, contracts, extensions, termination, confirmation of employment, etc.)
• May participate in the development and recommendation of operating policy and procedural improvements.
• Successfully coordinate with IT, Payroll, and all management staff
• Assist with Clean’s People and Culture Programs
• Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.

Education and Required Qualifications:
• Human Resources degree or certification with great knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities.
• 1-3 years experience in a full HR related role.
• Able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships.
• Comfortable managing conflict, effective at scheduling and creative when it comes to recruitment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, time management and practical problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a busy work environment.
• People oriented, team player with a track record of helping to build team spirit in an organization.

Working Conditions:

The successful candidate could be primarily remote-based however, in-office work may be required.

Apply

If you are interested in this position please submit your cover letter and resume, merged into one document, via email to hrhire at clean.ns.ca
We appreciate all interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

We are committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Indigenous People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.

https://GoodWork.ca/Atlantic
https://GoodWork.ca/980495

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/980495

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca