Project Coordinator – Climate Education, full-time, Dartmouth/Halifax

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Feb 3 11:40:04 EST 2021

* Work in nature, environment & climate - GoodWork.ca *

CLIMATE ACTION JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/Climate
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia

Position: Project Coordinator
Location: Dartmouth, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Clean Foundation is an independent, non-governmental charity that works to support the fair transition to a cleaner economy and greener society. We do this through collaboration, leadership, and a focus on the possible. We bring knowledge, tools and inspiration needed to encourage the actions that lead to positive environmental change.

Learn more about us and the work we do: clean.ns.ca

Summary of the Position:

The Clean Education & Engagement team’s focus is to develop and deliver programming that fosters awareness, appreciation, and empathy for the natural world. We equip participants with the knowledge, skills, and tools to make educated decisions, and show them that they have the power to make a difference in their own lives, workplaces, and communities.

Our team is growing, and we are looking for an experienced Project Coordinator to bring together a diverse, collaborative team across partners to deliver results on climate education.

Reporting to the Manager of Education Initiatives, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the oversight of a multi-partner project aimed at developing and delivering climate education programming and professional development (PD) workshops. The Coordinator will be a highly organized, collaborative team-player with excellent communication skills and experience leading projects. This role will regularly be working with external partners and managing project timelines, budgets, and reporting.

Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain detailed workplans and evaluation frameworks for the project
• Establish and maintain relationships with project partners, ensuring timely, effective, and clear communication on meetings, reports, and deliverables
• Provide support to Program Development Lead and Professional Development Lead on the implementation of project tasks
• Attend or assist with facilitation of project workshops, e.g. Climate Education and/or Professional Development workshops
• Report on project deliverables, on behalf of all project partners, to relevant funders and stakeholders
• Collaborate with Clean Communications team to develop Communications Plan and ensure plan is followed, managed, and kept updated
• Attend conferences or networking events to communicate project successes and develop new contacts
• Other duties as required

Education and Required Qualifications:
• Post-secondary background in Project Management, Human Resources, Community Development, Environmental Studies/Sustainability, or related field
• Enjoys bringing people together toward a common goal and building partnerships
• Experience managing budgets, respect for deadlines, and skilled in report writing
• At least 3 years or project management experience (ideally, but not necessarily, in the non-profit sector)
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, French considered an asset
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Highly organized and detail-oriented

Working Conditions:

Additional hours, or time outside of the normal work hours, may be required to meet operational requirements of planning and delivering project tasks. Occasional travel within Atlantic region may be required (subject to funding and Covid-19 restrictions).

To Apply:

If you are interested in this position please submit your cover letter and resume, merged into one document, via email to: hrhire at clean.ns.ca . We appreciate all interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

Equity Hiring:

Clean is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. Qualified self-identifying First Nations, Metis and Inuit, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and LGBTQ2+ applicants will be strongly considered for this position. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/931585

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/931585

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca