[sust-mar] Farm/Homestead Help, vol.+ accom., 2 Beans Or Not 2 Beans Farm, near Wolfville, Nova Scotia

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Fri Feb 5 14:52:40 EST 2021

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

FARM STAY / FARM HELP
https://FoodWork.ca/GrowLocal
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia

Positions: Farm/ Homestead Assistant
Farm: 2 Beans or not 2 Beans Farm

Location: Gaspereau, near Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Housing: accommodation and meals included (see below)
Type: farm stay / volunteer

Greetings Prospective Farm Stay Guests !

2 Beans or not 2 Beans Farm is an up and coming small-scale, mixed-vegetable Farm and Arts homested in Gaspreau, Nova Scotia, Canada.

We a currently seeking helpers for our 2021 season beginning May 8th, 2021.

My name is Erich. I have recently (as of 2019) moved back to Gaspereau, Nova Scotia to be closer to my family and long time friends, and to start a Cooperative Art Farm Eco-Education (CAFE) Homested on a newly mortgaged property and house!

Wolfville, Gaspereau and Grand Pre are beautifully located in the stunning lands and waters of the unceeded Mi'k Mak'i First Nation territory.

Mixed hardwood and conifer forests, roll along hills into farmland and dykelands constructed by the Acadian peoples, merging with the shores of the Bay of Fundy, which claim the highest tides on the planet.

There are numerous freshwater rivers, lakes and seaside swimming spots for those hot summer days or those wintery cold water submersions !

Farms, Orchards and Vineyards appear to make up most of the properties throughout the countryside landscape here in the beautiful Annapolis Valley.

The Property:

4 acres total, 3 acres of gently rolling pasture and 1 acre of house site with mature white oak, red maple, ash, and adolescent chestnut, black walnut among other species and varieties of native and introduced plants that the previous owners tended during their time.

The House:

60 year old bungalow, 2 bedroom, foyer/living room, kitchen, bathroom, with an earthen floor basement which is used for wood cutting both for building, repairs and for fire wood storage and prep.

2021 will be our first full growing season with a garden plan to fill at least 30 raised beds of at least 85 ft. long with over 100 different varieties of plants including Greenhouse Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers, Melons, Squash, Greens, Root Crops, Flowers, over 1000 Strawberry plants and Rasperries and more !

We invite open, enthusiastic, dilligent and playful individuals who have a passion for nature and community to learn and work together with us to bring to fruition our 2021 Garden Plan !

2 Beans or not 2 Beans Farm offers a space for people who seek to thrive in an experiential learning environment with organic farming and the creative arts. We are a mix of farmers, musicians, fibre artists, and nature lovers who are in the starting phase of setting up a self-sustaining cooperative enterprise where we can pursue our passions of abundant organic farming, permaculture and the arts, while offering space for link-minded folks to realize their own dreams during their stay.

We offer 2 vegetarian meals a day with in-house accomodation in exchange for 20-25 hours a week of work hours around the farm.
There is also a camping option or one can park a camper vehilce here on site if desired.

Tasks will include:
• Seeding and watering transplant trays,
• Prepping and amending garden beds with silage tarps and handtools*
• Setting up and watering with drip and sprinkler irrigation
• Caring for laying hens, egg collection, coop maintanence and compost creation
• Direct seeding of crops
• Watering, Harvesting, Washing and Packing of crops
• Market Days will be in Kentville (Wednesday) and Halifax (Monday), we await a spot in a Saturday Market this year !
• Deliveries of produce on Tuesdays and Fridays to local produce outlets here in the Annapolis Valley.
• Coming up with newer creative ways to find more markets for our produce and to increase efficiency and production capacity within our small-scale operation.

For more info and photos of the 2 Beans or not 2 Beans Farm Project visit: https://www.2beansfarm.org/ | more photos

To apply:

If you are interested in our Vision of a Cooperative, Art, Farm, Eco-Education (CAFE) Homested please write us at: 2beansfarm at mail.com or phone: (902) 990 0098 with any and all questions you may have about visiting or living on the Farm !

http://FoodWork.ca/volunteer
http://FoodWork.ca/916585

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/916585

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms