Clean Economy – Workforce Development Coordinator, full-time, Dartmouth

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Feb 12 11:41:36 EST 2021

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

CLEAN ECONOMY JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/Hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia

Position: Project Coordinator – Workforce Development
Location: Dartmouth/Halifax/home office, Nova Scotia

Clean Foundation is an independent, non-governmental charity that works to support the fair transition to a cleaner economy and greener society. We do this through collaboration, leadership, and a focus on the possible. We bring knowledge, tools and inspiration needed to encourage the actions that lead to positive environmental change. Learn more about us and the work we do: clean.ns.ca

Summary of the Program/Project:

Clean Foundation’s Internship Programs are sustainability-focused youth employment programs that has produced thousands of graduates over its decades-long lifespan who are committed environmental leaders. Clean partners with organizations across Nova Scotia and Canada to place youth in subsidized positions that are rooted in the clean economy (e.g. energy efficiency, public engagement, clean tech R&D, ecological restoration). These programs aim to inspire, develop, and nurture an interest in jobs that support a low-carbon economy and a sustainable environment. The program builds connections between youth and organizations to stimulate stewardship for the natural environment and support the emergence of young community leaders.

Summary of the Position:

The Project Coordinator will be mainly responsible for assisting the Workforce Development Team with research, planning and project administration. This is a dynamic position which requires a vested interest in youth, communities, and the environment within Nova Scotia and across Canada. The successful candidate needs to have strong interpersonal and organizational skills. This Project Assistant could be primarily based on a home office but may choose to and be required to work in the downtown Dartmouth-based office occasionally.

Specific Accountabilities (Duties and Responsibilities):
• Researching, connecting with, and gathering contact information for potential community partners, employers, and interns within Nova Scotia and across Canada
• Assisting team members with day-to-day responsibilities.
• Support with intern recruitment process and screening and assist with organizing and promoting program webinars and training.
• Evaluating intern reports and assisting with program deliverables and compiling this information.
• Assisting Program Leads with internship check-ins and virtual site visits.
• Collaborating daily with the Clean Internship team and being a responsible steward of the environment.

Education and Required Qualifications:
• Post-secondary background in Project Management, Community Development, Human Resources, Sustainability, or a related field.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid project coordination skills are required.
• Excellent organizational, time management and practical problem-solving skills.
• Must demonstrate a passion for youth employment and the Clean economy.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively with a team.
• Ability to multi-task in a busy work environment.
• Must be able to complete and pass a criminal background check.
• The successful candidate does not need to be bilingual (French and English) but it will be considered an asset.

Working Conditions:

The successful candidate could be primarily remote-based however, in-office work may be required.

We are committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Indigenous People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.

To Apply:

If you are interested in this position please submit your cover letter and resume, merged into one document, via email to: hrhire at clean.ns.ca . We appreciate all interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/954685

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/954685

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca