[sust-mar] Energy Manager, full-time, EfficiencyOne, Halifax/Dartmouth

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Feb 16 14:27:59 EST 2021

* Work in sustainable energy & conservation - GoodWork.ca *

GREEN & ENVIRONMENTAL JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/Nova Scotia
https://GoodWork.ca/957685

Position: Onsite Energy Manager (Nova Scotian Fisheries and Aquaculture Sector)
Location: Dartmouth/ Halifax area, Nova Scotia

EfficiencyOne isn’t just an organization; it’s a movement. Our organization’s purpose is to change lives by unleashing the power of efficiency. We come to work every day because we want a better world and we believe we can contribute to a more prosperous, sustainable future through efficiency.

About the Organization

Nova Scotia is a leader in the transition to a clean energy future. Ranked as one of Canada’s top performers for energy efficiency programs, a multi-year winner of Canada's greenest employers, and named one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers for 2020, EfficiencyOne is helping build a better world through efficiency. Through the administration of Efficiency Nova Scotia programs and services, EfficiencyOne is supporting hundreds of thousands of Nova Scotians with industry-leading, cost-effective efficiency solutions to transform the way they use and save energy.

We are incredibly proud of our achievements and know one of the driving forces behind our success is our people, our values, and the behaviors we commit to every day as part of our culture. Our culture is about acting quickly and positively, taking care to understand others’ needs, and providing timely responses. It’s about doing the right thing and working with the greater organization in mind. It’s striving for simplicity while keeping our customers top of mind in everything we do and in every decision we make. It’s about setting challenging goals and working with each other to deliver our best work. We are respectful in everything we do and support and value others by fostering an environment where every voice is appreciated. It’s about building collaborative relationships based on trust and open communication.

We are looking for an On-site Energy Manager (OEM) who will be responsible for providing energy management services for the industry within the fisheries and aquaculture sector and other technical support as directed by EfficiencyOne and the Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture (NSDFA). Reporting to the EfficiencyOne Manager Engineering, the OEM will provide technical support to the sector which will involve visits to industry locations as well as working with their respective facilities staff, engineering, production departments, and management to promote energy.

Responsibilities:
• Energy management planning, as well as, assisting with the implementation of energy efficiency projects and influencing policy.
• Utilizing available production information and other energy data to track energy usage and identify energy savings opportunities.
• Support implementation of production controls and equipment changes that result in energy savings.
• Complete technical audits, evaluate energy efficiency technologies, perform feasibility studies, and prepare project business cases.
• Recommend projects, measures, and incentive programs to clients.
• Develop an understanding of the mechanical and electrical systems within client facilities.
• Coordinate and administer EfficiencyOne project documentation, incentive applications, and project development agreements.
• Develop an understanding of the organization's budgetary framework and procurement policies related to energy management.
• Act as project manager for all energy-related capital projects, including liaison to energy service consultants.
• Development and review of energy efficiency project procurement; and
• Reporting and presentations as required by stakeholders and EfficiencyOne, outlining project status, energy management opportunities, and achievements to date.

Education Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and eligible to practice as a Professional Engineer in Nova Scotia, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Other relevant professional certifications such as Certified Energy Manager, Certified Measurement and Verification professional would be considered an asset

Experience Qualifications:

The qualified individual should have at least three (3) years of related experience in an energy-related role with experience developing and implementing energy management programs and/or energy savings projects. Practical knowledge applicable to the fisheries and aquaculture industrial environment including knowledge of common and production-specific energy efficiency would be considered an asset. You can demonstrate the ability to interpret electrical and mechanical plans and specifications for building facilities. The individual should have excellent analytical skills, written and oral communications skills; thrive in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment where problem-solving skills help meet tight deadlines. A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required.

What we Offer:
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• A unique workplace culture that offers:
• Engaging, fun, and respectful work climate
• Flexible work schedules
• Wellness Initiatives
• Corporate gym memberships
• Commitment to employee development and “promote from within”
• Opportunity to make a significant personal impact to help EfficiencyOne build a better world and contribute to a more prosperous, sustainable future through efficiency

In the first week, expect to:
• Meet with the OEM and Services team
• Develop a high-level plan for the first 90 days in your role as an OEM: and
• Be prepared to read! OEM service manual, business program manuals, protocols on measurement and verification, energy auditing guidelines, example reports from Senior OEMs, and examples of other organizations' energy management plans. Ensuring you are familiar with both technical resources and reference material is critical to executing your short-term plan on-site.

In the first month, expect to:
• Become familiar with the people and organizations within the sector. Organizational awareness includes understanding people that influence projects, are familiar with the facilities and the processes i.e., procurement, budget planning, etc.
• Review ISO 50001 – Energy Management Systems and apply it to your present and future planning
• Meet with Efficiency NS Program Managers to get a better understanding of project incentives and program processes
• Meet with Senior OEMs to bounce ideas around on strategies and tactics that will increase your influence and impact on the account organization; and
• Meet with consultant network to explore their services that could be beneficial for your account.

In the first three months, expect to:
• Establish monitoring, tracking, and reporting for your account. Critical for Efficiency NS and for creating visibility within your accounts
• On-site energy audits – identify technologies and efficiency solutions
• Create business cases for projects working with contractors, consultants, and account staff
• Build a master list of energy efficiency measures; and
• Develop a framework for your account’s Energy Management Plan which is a living document. This plan is a roadmap for your work as an OEM and the organizations on their path towards corporate / government environmental and economic targets.

To Apply:

If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter, clearly articulating how you meet the above-noted qualifications. Applications can be submitted in confidence to Nicole Durdle at the link below.

https://easyapply.co/job/onsite-energy-manager-nova-scotian-fisheries-and-aquaculture-sector?rcid=goodwork_ca

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

EfficiencyOne is committed to fostering a culture that is supportive and values others, one that is grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, persons of minority sexual orientations, and gender identities.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/957685

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/957685

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca