[sust-mar] Community Cycling Activation Coordinator, full-time, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Feb 26 14:00:35 EST 2021

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

NOVA SCOTIA JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://GoodWork.ca/972885

Position: Community Cycling Activation Coordinator (full time, 1year fixed term contract)
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

ABOUT US

The Ecology Action Centre is a dynamic and vibrant environmental charity based in Nova Scotia. Since 1971, we have proudly served in a leadership role, tackling critical environmental issues from biodiversity protection to climate change to environmental justice. Grounded in community, we are a strong voice and watchdog for our environment, taking a holistic approach to the environment, our economy, and the creation of a just and sustainable society.

We strive to promote a diverse and inclusive organizational culture that emphasizes strong values, collaboration, quality work, and real impact. We value our members, volunteers, staff, and partners. Our valuesdriven work is created, managed, and overseen by our determined, passionate, and highly competent staff. We have a team of incredible people who share ideas, friendships, and a contagious level of inspiration and determination to make the world a better place.

Our Sustainable Transportation team works to increase the use of transportation modes in Nova Scotia, like walking, cycling, and transit use, that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote healthy communities, and ensure equitable access for all. The Community Cycling Activation Coordinator will be joining our Sustainable Transportation team and working closely with others to develop and strengthen partnerships and active transportation programming with underserved and marginalized communities in Nova Scotia.

POSITION SUMMARY

As the Community Cycling Activation Coordinator, you will focus on effective delivery of our Pop-Up Bike Hub program which offers bicycle tune-ups and safe cycling education throughout Nova Scotia. You will also work closely with the Welcoming Wheels Coordinator who oversees our Welcoming Wheels program to develop new initiatives in collaboration with underserved and marginalized communities and support Welcoming Wheels repair nights and the Bike Buddy program.

ABOUT YOU

You have an interest in cycling and are eager to encourage others to choose it as a means of travel within their communities. You have a willingness to learn related skills including basic bicycle mechanics. You thrive working with diverse community groups and people of all ages which will allow you to help participants in EAC Active Transportation programs improve their cycling skills, confidence and safety. Your creativity and superb communication skills will enable you to develop effective campaign materials.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES YOU WILL HOLD
• Coordinate the ongoing activities to support an effective Spring/Summer season for the Pop-Up Bike Hub
• Develop promotional materials and create a publicity campaign for the Pop-Up Bike Hub season
• Participate in community outreach and engagement for cycling programming
• Help develop new cycling programming
• Maintain a safe, welcoming and comfortable work environment
• Collect stories, images & quotes for posting on social media - Proactively contribute to grant writing and ongoing program fundraising for the Pop-Up Bike Hub and other Sustainable Transportation initiatives as needed.
• Support project administration duties, including but not limited to funder reporting, budgeting, and proposal writing.
• Other duties, as required.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Experience coordinating campaign and program activities which resulted in good participation and effective delivery.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, effectively manage multiple tasks
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with volunteers.
• Trustworthiness and reliability
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience in graphic design and creating communication material is considered an asset.
• Class 5 Drivers Licence (CarShare available with the position)
• Vulnerable Sector Check
• Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Willing to travel within NS
• A passion for sustainability, equity and the environment

TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Start: early April
• This is a 1 year fixed term contract with the possibility to extend based on program funding.
• 37.5 hours a week, starting at $22.44/hour based on experience.
• Cost-shared benefits plan and 4 weeks paid vacation per year.

TO APPLY

Please email a cover letter and resume to Nancy Julien, Human Resources Manager at employment at ecologyaction.ca.

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 5, 2021

The Ecology Action Centre is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from individuals in traditionally marginalized groups such as, but not limited to: African Nova Scotian and other racialized people, Indigenous people, lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender and queer people, and persons with disabilities. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter or application if they are a member of a marginalized community.

We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/972885

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/972885

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca