[sust-mar] Summer job: Organic gardener, Ross Creek Centre, near Wolfville, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Feb 17 17:02:39 EST 2021

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

SUMMER JOBS & STUDENT JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/SummerJobs
https://FoodWork.ca/GrowLocal

Position: Gardener
Type: summer job / age 30 & under
Location: Canning, near Wolfville, Nova Scotia

Employment Term: May - August and beyond
Application Deadline: February 28th, 2021

The Ross Creek Centre for the Arts is looking for someone to fill its summer position of gardener. Ross Creek believes in providing locally produced, high quality, broad appeal food. We have a seasonal menu, which takes advantage of our substantial organic gardens. We are looking for a gardener to work with our property manager and chef and guide volunteers to ensure the gardens are beautiful and productive and to also help us in the development of new community outreach gardens.

Hiring Values

The Ross Creek Centre for the Arts is looking for innovative and creative individuals who care about arts in the community and who love rural living. The Centre is committed to creating a great team environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, and we strongly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.

All applicants other than the gardener must be:
• A student returning to studies in fall 2021 and/or 30 years of age or younger
• Canadian citizen OR a permanent resident who is legally allowed to work in Canada OR an international student at a NS University or College who meets eligibility requirements.
• See individual postings for other requirements.

Location: 555 Ross Creek Road, Canning, NS

To apply

Email: chris at artscentre.ca

Subject line: Summer 2021 position - [position]

Include:
• Cover letter addressed to Ms. Chris O'Neill with the name of the position for which you are applying, detailing what you think you can bring to Ross Creek.
• CV with specifics on related education and/or experience
• Two references who can discuss your work especially in a camp or other childcare setting, dependability, work ethic, general awesomeness.

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

All attached documents should be in MS Word or PDF format.

https://FoodWork.ca/hiring
https://FoodWork.ca/930785

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/930785

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca