[sust-mar] Finance Clerk, full-time, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Jan 28 13:15:14 EST 2021

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

NOVA SCOTIA GREEN JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://GoodWork.ca/995485

Position: Finance Clerk
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hours: 37.5 / week

ABOUT YOU

You are very organized with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy which allows you to be an effective Finance Clerk. You enjoy collaborating with diverse groups and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced workplace, always looking for the next challenge to tackle. You want the work you do to be meaningful and have a positive impact on community and the environment.

YOUR FOCUS

As the Finance Clerk you will contribute to the efforts of the Finance Team by performing daily and monthly bookkeeping and financial activities for EAC, including: month-end postings; bank reconciliations; bank deposits and receivables; and financial tracking for both Operations and Projects. You will have the opportunity to support our Fundraising and Donor Relations Team and use your knowledge of contact management databases to help maintain EAC’s donor database. This position reports to the Controller.

WHAT YOU WILL BRING
• 1-2 years’ experience in a financial capacity. Some post-secondary education, accounting/bookkeeping courses (community college or university)
• Experience using accounting software. Knowledge of Sage 50 an asset.
• Excellent Excel skills and sound knowledge of Office 365 applications
• High level of trust, integrity and confidentiality
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
• Initiative, self-motivation and the ability to work well independently
• Excellent time-management skills and experience handling unexpected tasks and last-minute deadlines.
• Strong written and oral communications
• Positive problem-solving attitude
• Ability to perform basic financial analysis
• Experience with project accounting
• Comfortable working in contact management databases (CiviCRM)

Other knowledge and skills (considered an asset)
• Experience working in a SharePoint system
• Experience in a non-profit environment
• Commitment to social and environmental justice

This is a full time, fixed term position with a start date in February and ending November 2021 at which time departmental requirements will be reassessed. It is for a 37.5 hour work week at $18.00 to $20.00 per hour, based on experience, Work can be completed in our office space or done remotely with periodic work in our office space at 2705 Fern Lane, North End Halifax, NS.

To apply:

Please email your cover letter and resume to employment at ecologyaction.ca with Finance Clerk and your name in the subject line.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/995485

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/995485

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca