[sust-mar] Harrison Lewis Centre Birding by Ear workshop

Harrison Lewis Centre info at harrisonlewiscentre.org
Tue Jun 15 13:12:29 EDT 2021

Hello Folks,

The Harrison Lewis Coastal Discovery Centre is running its beloved 'Birding
by Ear' workshop with Dr. Sarah Gutowsky this year on June 23rd-25th!
Participants will learn song-types for common bird families, how to listen,
and start building a repertoire of Nova Scotia bird songs through
in-the-field workshops. For three days and two nights, participants stay at
the Harrison Lewis Centre in rustic cabins, with access to showers, a
bathroom, and a full kitchen. Home-cooked meals will be provided for the
duration of the stay, which leaves more free time to explore the beach and
forest, and listen for birds! Attendance costs $350, with the option to
stay an extra night for $50 and join us on our Stuart's Point Beach clean
up on June 26th. You can register on our website
<http://www.harrisonlewiscentre.org/birdingbyear>!

If you can't make the whole workshop, come for the day (free!) at Stuarts
Point
<http://www.harrisonlewiscentre.org/stuarts-point-beach-clean-up-and-hike>and
help us keep shorelines clean and coastal habitat pristine. Other ways to
get involved include our Coastal Protection Photography Contest
<http://www.harrisonlewiscentre.org/birdingbyear>, where you and your
friends or family can win a free night's stay at the Harrison Lewis Centre
and our Rain Barrel Fundraiser
<http://www.harrisonlewiscentre.org/rain-barrel-fundraiser>.

You can follow us on social media for more updates (@harrisonlewiscentre)!

We hope you can join us for Birding by Ear and beyond!

Molly MacIntosh
*Summer Program and Centre Manager*
*Harrison Lewis Coastal Discovery Centre*