[sust-mar] Hiring: Hike Nova Scotia, full-time, Halifax

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Jun 18 15:29:48 EDT 2021

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

Nova Scotia Jobs
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://GoodWork.ca/983306

Position: Hike NS Project Officer
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hours: 35 per week
Salary: $17.50

This job posting is part of Nature Canada's Work to Grow program connecting racialized youth to jobs that promote and protect nature. Considering applying? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

One of the goals of Work to Grow is to diversify and strengthen the nature sector.
As such, this opportunity is only available to individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour.

** This job can be done remotely, but within the city of Halifax, NS

Mission:

Hike Nova Scotia is a nonprofit organization that encourages and promotes a growing hiking culture throughout our great province. We strive to be the voice for those who hike, walk and snowshoe. With every step we’re building a community of outdoor adventure enthusiasts

Opportunity:

The work of the Project Officer mainly focuses on our newest program called NS Walks, which supports walking and walking groups across the province. The job also involves some support of Hike NS general communications and fundraising. The successful candidate has a passion for walking, hiking and the outdoors in general; enjoys a collaborative work environment; and excels at self-directed work, but also shines in team settings. Hike NS is a dynamic and growing organization. We would love to have a Project Officer help us grow the organization even further with their fresh ideas and skills in communications and project implementation. The Project Officer will be required to work remotely from their own home office and will take direction from and report to the NS Walks Project Coordinator and the Executive Director.

Tasks:

Assist with fleshing out and implementing the NS Walks project communications plan:
• Create an annual communications posting schedule
• Research walking content for walk leader Facebook group
• Set up of communications to walk leaders and participants
• Compiling data from evaluation forms from participants and leaders
• Other duties as assigned

Assist with the planning, coordination and promotion of the Fall Guided Walk Series:
• Creating and distributing walk Organizer kits
• Compiling walk schedule
• Walk event promotion
• Compiling event data from walk Organizers
• Other duties as assigned

Assist in the implementation of the Hike NS communications plan and fundraising:
• Research general hiking content for social media posts
• Research blog topics and authors
• Make recommendations for revamping the Hike NS website
• Research and assist in set up of online Hike NS fundraisers including an online 50-50 fundraiser and online auction
• Other duties as assigned

Apply:

Apply Online
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
Deadline: July 7, 2021

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/983306

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca