[sust-mar] Operations Coordinator, full-time, Loaded Ladle, Dalhousie/Halifax

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Tue Jun 22 22:05:38 EDT 2021

* Work in local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

LOCAL FOOD & SUSTAINABLE FARMING JOBS
https://FoodWork.ca/hiring
https://FoodWork.ca/966306

Position: Operations Coordinator
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Loaded Ladle is hiring!

Term: Full-time permanent position
Contract dates: Mon Aug 16, 2021 - August 30, 2022 with option for renewal
Hours & Wage: 32 hours per week at $22 per hour
Timing: Timing of work hours are flexible and can be determined by the Operations Coordinator in keeping with the operational needs of the Loaded Ladle. Occasional evening or weekend meetings will be required.

About Us:

The Loaded Ladle provides accessible, sustainable, locally-sourced free food on the Dalhousie University campus. Our collective of students and workers manages this alternative food service. We also offer events and activities which critically examine barriers to food sovereignty, food security, and food justice.

All the activities of the Loaded Ladle take place on unceded and unsurrendered Mi’kmaq territory. We endeavour in our activities to respect the treaties of this land, and to align our practices with those of the current protectors of Mi’kmaki.

The position:

Finance Duties:
• Maintain the general ledger for the Loaded Ladle; tracking all revenues and expenses
• Create and follow a yearly budget, with input from the Loaded Ladle Board
• Prepare ledger and accounts for DSU society audit twice per calendar year
• Payroll for summer employees and part-time staff
• Prepare and present regular financial reports to the board, and at the AGM
• Submit annual financial statements to the NS Registry of Joint Stocks to maintain our Co-operative status
• Grant-writing as opportunities emerge

Admin & Communications Duties:
• Act as the main point person for communications for the organization: answering emails, phone calls, updating website and social media, and preparing weekly newsletter
• Be available, by appointment, in the office for students and Loaded Ladle members
• Liaise and communicate with Dalhousie Student Union staff and executive
• Review and update policies, and keep an organized records management system
• Ensure permit renewals, memberships and certifications are up-to-date
• Troubleshoot technical problems regarding the website, email systems, and office equipment
• Staff point person for the Board of Directors Human Resources Committee, to prepare staff contracts, update job descriptions, and assist with hiring processes
• Remain current regarding food justice issues relating to students, and advocate for and support students to create just food systems on campus

Responsibilities of all Loaded Ladle Staff:
• Attend weekly open meetings and bi-weekly board meetings as needed
• Be welcoming, friendly, and supportive to all volunteers and staff in Loaded Ladle spaces, and follow the Loaded Ladle Anti-Oppression and Safer Spaces policies
• Attend training: Anti-oppression, Food Safe certification, and other training and professional development opportunities
• Work as part of a co-operative collective, using consensus based decision making
• Sit on various committees as needed, as interest and time/capacity allows.
• Assist the Board of Directors as needed

Requirements:
• Interest in food justice work and a commitment to our Mission, Vision, & Values
• Strong organizational and computer skills, including experience with Gmail, Excel, Google Docs & Drive
• Dedication to the principles of anti-racism and anti-oppression, with a willingness to work together to ensure that the Loaded Ladle adheres to these principles Experience managing finances and administrative systems
• Strong problem solving skills
• Able to work in a collective environment with other staff and board members, as well as be able to complete work independently and without direct oversight and instruction
• Able to manage and meet deadlines and submit paperwork when required

Assets:
• Ability to use Worpress, Mailchimp, Slack, and Canva
• Experience developing and following a detailed budget
• Experience tracking expenses and creating financial reports
• Experience with grant writing
• Comfortable troubleshooting technical issues with computers and software
• Experience working in a collective environment and making decisions via consensus
• Experience working with others to advocate for issues that you are passionate about
• Experience updating and developing policies

Employment Equity: The Loaded Ladle commits itself to an anti-racist, equity-based approach to hiring, which incorporates an awareness of systemic oppression. The Loaded Ladle will prioritize applications from people who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour. We value people's lived experiences, identities and backgrounds and encourage people to self-identify in their cover letter.

How to Apply:
• Please fill out this application form to apply!

Alternative application formats welcome (ie video); contact us info at loadedladle.com to discuss.

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

Please read the FULL JOB DESCRIPTION at loadedladle.com/jobs

Deadline: Monday July 12, 2021 at 5pm AST

https://FoodWork.ca/hiring
https://FoodWork.ca/966306

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/966306

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms