[sust-mar] Sustainable Transportation / EV Campaign Coordinator, f/t, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Jun 22 21:03:29 EDT 2021

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

ENVIRONMENT & SUSTAINABILITY JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/925306

Position: Sustainable Transportation - Electric Vehicles, Coordinator
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Job Posting EAC 21-06-21

ABOUT US

The Ecology Action Centre is a dynamic and vibrant environmental charity based in Nova Scotia. Since 1971, we have proudly served in a leadership role, tackling critical environmental issues from biodiversity protection to climate change to environmental justice. Grounded in community, we are a strong voice and watchdog for our environment, taking a holistic approach to the environment, our economy, and the creation of a just and sustainable society.

We strive to promote a diverse and inclusive organizational culture that emphasizes strong values, collaboration, quality work, and real impact. We value our members, volunteers, staff, and partners. Our values-driven work is created, managed, and overseen by our determined, passionate, and highly competent staff. We have a team of incredible people who share ideas, friendships, and a contagious level of inspiration and determination to make the world a better place.

Our Sustainable Transportation team works to increase the use of transportation modes in Nova Scotia, like walking, cycling, and transit use, that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote healthy communities, and ensure equitable access for all.

ABOUT YOU

You have a keen interest in sustainable transportation specifically the positive impact of electric vehicle adoption will have on reducing greenhouse gas emissions in Nova Scotia. Your experience in advocacy campaigning and project management will allow you to lead the strategic development and implementation of the EAC’s electric vehicle policy campaigns.

YOUR FOCUS

The Sustainable Transportation Coordinator will focus on government relations and strategic, policy-focused interventions to strengthen sustainable transportation initiatives and electrification of the sector. Key elements of this work will be staying on top of trends, monitoring evolving policy opportunities and synthesizing large amounts information and a range of research related to electric vehicles.

WHAT YOU WILL BRING
• Experience as a campaigner, with at least 3 years' experience in advocacy, campaigning, and project management
• A degree or equivalent experience-based learning connected to planning, engineering, environmental science, public policy or related field
• Demonstrated capability to synthesize and distill large amounts of detailed information over a broad range of research related electric vehicles
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience in community and public engagement including meeting and group facilitation and event planning
• Ability to monitor evolving policy opportunities at the local and regional levels and ensure timely analysis, recommendations, and commentary on identified priorities
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, self-directed and a team player
• Experience with media relations is considered an asset.
• Commitment to environmental justice

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the strategic development and implementation of the EAC’s electric vehicle campaigns: ensuring their integration into our broader program goals
• Proactively engage local, provincial and federal governments to promote electric vehicles and related policies taking positions on particular EV related topics – such as the availability of EVs, infrastructure, and incentives
• Participate in stakeholder consultations and provide support for electric vehicle adoption, enabling plans and policies, including supporting electric vehicle incentives, zero-emission vehicle mandate, education, and electric charging infrastructure
• Assist in generating campaign related, media coverage, producing online content as requested, including blogs, press releases and social media, acting as the spokesperson for the campaign where relevant
• Produce and support production of high-quality campaign materials, such as reports and briefings
• Stay on top of trends, research and policies on specific aspects of sustainable transportation such as car sharing, transit, infrastructure other related measures such as HOV lanes
• Understand role of transportation in the larger pathway to net zero emissions
• Advocate, as necessary, for other transit and active transportation policy changes

This is a full time position, 37.5 hours a week (Mon-Fri) for 2 years, with possibility of extension based on funding. Starting wage of $22.44 per hour.

TO APPLY

Please email a cover letter and resume to Nancy Julien, HR Manager at employment at ecologyaction.ca

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

The closing date is July 4, 2021

The Ecology Action Centre is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from individuals in traditionally underrepresented groups including, but not limited to: African Nova Scotian and other racialized people, Mi’kmaq and other Indigenous people, lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender and queer people, and persons with disabilities. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter or application if they are a member of an underrepresented community.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/925306

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/925306

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca