[sust-mar] Finance Analyst, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Nov 16 15:43:36 EST 2021

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

GREEN, ENVIRONMENTAL & NONPROFIT JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/999816

Position: Finance Analyst
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Job Posting: EAC 21-11-16

WHO WE ARE

The Ecology Action Centre (EAC) is an environmental charity based in Mi?kma?ki/Nova Scotia. We take leadership on critical environmental issues from biodiversity protection to climate change to environmental justice. We work to catalyze change through policy advocacy, community development and building awareness. Grounded in community, we are a strong voice and watchdog for our environment, taking a holistic approach to the environment, our economy, and the creation of a just and sustainable society.

ABOUT YOU

Your experience in accounting, finance and financial analysis along with strong communication skills will enable you to liaise effectively with program managers and the operations team. You understand the importance of communicating clear actionable financial insight to others and your ability to analyze large volumes of data, develop financial models and reporting tools will help you succeed in the role of Finance Analyst. You are looking to apply your knowledge and analytical capabilities to meaningful work that has a positive impact on community and the environment. You enjoy collaborating with diverse groups and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced workplace, always looking for the next challenge to tackle.

YOUR FOCUS

As the Finance Analyst your main responsibilities will be to set up and maintain up to date project trackers, liaise regularly with program managers to ensure project changes and pipelines are reflected in EAC’s accounts. This position provides support in managing and tracking contracts, grant agreements, reporting and the development of proposals. Being the link between program managers and operations, the Finance Analyst is a key contributor to strategic projects that promote system improvements and efficiencies amongst the finance team.

Key elements of this work will also include:
• Regular contact with EAC project managers and budget holders - ensuring good flow of information, accurate and timely project budget tracking.
• Collaborate with program employees to develop sound proposal budgets
• Prepares necessary reports and analysis and lead monthly funding meetings as required
• Provide support for procurement – advising, guiding and participating in financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender, and tracking contract agreements
• Support EAC’s grant application processes with project funding summaries, timely and accurate tracking, issuing receipts and compliance; writing the financial sections of grant reports that meet funding requirements and are impactful in order to reinforce relationships with funder.
• Provides training and guidance to employees on finance and project tracking activities.
• Provide other project management office functions as required, such as pipeline tracking, agreement tracking, template provision, records management
• Oversees IT/cyber related security needs and activity across EAC, keeping track of system issues and anticipate future needs/problems

WHAT YOU WILL BRING
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and experience with financial reporting requirements (non-profit organization is considered an asset)
• Ability to synthesize key messages from large amounts of data.
• Ability to simplify processes, as well as a desire to learn and improve
• Need to be skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and have adequate technical knowledge to quickly adapt to the market change
• Familiarity with grant applications processes, grant reporting, tracking etc.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A knowledge of project management methods is an asset
• 1-3 years relevant experience in accounting, finance, financial analysis, or other related fields and/or post-secondary certificate/degree in a business, management or finance field.
• Experienced in working with and presenting to leadership team

TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
• This is position is 22.5 hours a week (Mon-Fri). Wage starts at $24.95 per hour (based on relevant experience).
• Four weeks of paid vacation; cost-shared benefits plan
• Position begins as soon as possible
• During COVID, this position has been working remotely. Post-COVID, the position is expected to be working primarily on-site with some remote work. On-site work will be at our Halifax office at 2705 Fern Lane in our renovated, energy-efficient green office building. The first floor of our building is designed to be universally accessible.

TO APPLY
• Please email a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document titled “YOURNAME_FINANCE ANALYST” to Nancy Julien, HR Manager at employment at ecologyaction.ca" target="_blank, employment at ecologyaction.ca .
• The closing date is November 30, 2021

The Ecology Action Centre is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from individuals in traditionally underrepresented groups including, but not limited to: African Nova Scotian and other racialized people, Mi’kmaq and other Indigenous people, lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender and queer people, and persons with disabilities. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter or application if they are a member of an underrepresented community.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/999816

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/999816

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca