[sust-mar] Land-based educator, contract, Nature's Backpack, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Nov 30 20:29:58 EST 2021

* Work in environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

OUTDOOR & NATURE JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/outdoor
https://GoodWork.ca/912026

Position: Land-based Educator (casual/part-time Contract)
Employer: Nature's Backpack
Location: St. Stephen/ Rollingdam, New Brunswick & surrounding area

Do you love nature, working with children/youth and explore new things? Do you enjoy building fires, tracking wildlife, geeking over plants and signs and being outdoors in all weather? Are you a life-long learner? Are you seeking something different and willing to grow with an amazing company?

If you answered yes then you may be interested in joining our team.

Nature’s Backpack is an independent private facility opperating out of Rollingdam, NB on 200 acres of land that is bordered by the Digdequash River. We are forever evolving to become a community integrated land-base organization. We are small but with a mighty goal and passion to offer unique educational options for local families that focus on meeting the child where they are developmentally and on their educational journey. Our mission is to offer hands-on interactive, experiential land-based programs to formal and non-formal educators and families to develop reciprocal relationships to the land and community.

Position: casual/part-time contract: Land-Base Instructor
Work Period: Contract positon beginning January 10, 2022

Requirements:
• be at least 18+
• identify with our mission, vision and values
• French is an asset (or other languages)
• naturalist knowledge of local ecosystems and outdoor skills
• be enthusiastic, outgoing and flexible
• experience working with children
• have a desire to grow with Nature's Backpack and further own naturalist and crafting skills
• be prepared and willing to work outdoors in all weather year round

Qualitifcations:
• Early Childhood Education, Forest School Practitioner, or teacher certification
• outdoor education training and/or naturalist skills
• survival/wilderness skills
• (we encourage applications with a range of lived experienes and identies to apply)

Job Description:
• be available for at least one program/week (2-8hrs) from Jan-June (with option to continue) which includes 30 min of preperation/organizational time at the beginning of the program and 15 minute debreif at the end of the program.
• co-lead/lead programs alongside experienced instructors for 3-16 year olds
• co-lead/lead programs for local organziations and schools
• take leadership in program games, activities, songs, stories etc.
• opportunity to coordinate, facilitate summer camps
• ensure all H&S standards are met

Applicaton Procedure:

Please submit cover letter and resume to info at naturesbackpack.ca. Your cover letter should be one page in length and include: where you saw this job posting, why you are interested in Nature's Backpack and the Land-based Educator role, a brief description of your relevant skills, experience and apptitudes. Applicants who do not meet all the required qualifications but have transferable skills, expereience apptitudes are encouraged to apply and explain their relevance to the role in the cover letter.

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

Nature's Backpack is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to promoting equity and diversity within our workplace and community. We encourage all qualified applicants with an entrust in advancing our mission, vision and values.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/912026

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/912026

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca