[sust-mar] Development & Grants, full-time, Community Forests Intntl., anywhere in Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Sep 13 16:17:34 EDT 2021

* Work in environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

Maritimes Environmental Jobs https://GoodWork.ca/atl-only
Anywhere in Canada: https://GoodWork.ca/virtual

Position: Development & Grants Coordinator
Employer: Community Forests International
Location: virtual workplace, work from anywhere in Canada with optional physical office space in Sackville, New Brunswick

Organization

Community Forests International believes the most important climate solutions can be found wherever people live and work closely with forests. Our mission is to protect and restore the climate by empowering communities and forests to thrive together.

Job Description

Community Forests International intends to hire a Development & Grants Coordinator to work alongside our ambitious team and provide essential organizing and energizing qualities to our ongoing fundraising, while upholding thoughtful care and stewardship of our growing community of donors and supporters. The Development & Grants Coordinator will utilize strong communication skills to connect personally with members of the public by email, phone, and in-person — garnering support, expressing gratitude on behalf of the organization, and promptly responding to any questions or requests from donors. This will include managing a major donor caseload. The highly organized team member will also operate our constituent database (ensuring that fundraising data is secure, up to date, and properly logged) and our grant database (evaluating and prioritizing grant opportunities in order of strategic priority). The Development & Grants Coordinator will utilize strong writing skills to draft fundrai
 sing campaign copy and to compose grant proposals which convey the scope and quality of Community Forests International’s work.

The Development & Grants Coordinator will work collaboratively and frequently with senior development and communications staff, and will be responsible for:

1) Donor Stewardship
• Responding to in-bound donor and community questions or requests;
• Providing daily fundraising motivation and leadership during active public campaigns;
• Overseeing and supporting the work of a part-time Development Officer;
• Managing a Keela database (data cleaning, entry, segmentation, tracking, and reporting);
• Managing and developing a major donor caseload (email and phone communication);
• Developing fundraising campaign copy and donor relations material in coordination with communications staff;
• Coordinating a standing Development Monthly meeting to reflect on previous month’s fundraising results and to calibrate forward priorities.

2) Writing and Editing
• Articulate complex concepts in a simple, straightforward and concise manner;
• Maintain high attention to detail in professional writing, including editing and proofreading proposals and fundraising campaign emails and materials carefully before publishing;
• Write compelling impact stories and technical narratives that bring to life and elaborate Community Forests International’s work, and operate with flexibility within a deeply collaborative team setting to uphold positive and constructive editing processes.

3) Grant Prospecting & Development
• Conduct grant prospect research for Community Forests International’s programs through online searches and subscription-based databases;
• Track, schedule, and communicate deadlines and workflows for select grant applications, including internal deadlines for collection of information from staff departments, to ensure on-time submission and a high rate of successful funding requests;
• Develop select proposals by assembling key information on project nature (objectives / outcomes / deliverables / timetables) and writing clear and concise narrative descriptions of project logic, activities, and vision.

List of Key Qualifications
• Experience working in collaborative team settings and liaising with diverse public stakeholders;
• Proven capacity to work independently, exercise good judgment, and meet multiple competing deadlines;
• Superior written and verbal communication skills;
• Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in fundraising, grant writing, sales, public relations and / or an equivalent field;
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills with consistent attention to detail;
• Experience drafting and developing successful fundraising campaign materials and / or researching, writing and submitting successful grant applications;
• Proficiency with internal and external database management (e.g. Keela, Grant Connect), digital workplace applications (e.g. Slack, Trello), and standard Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel) is an asset;
• Enthusiasm for the critical role that fundraising and philanthropy play in creating environmental and social good, and a growth mindset for both organizational and professional undertakings;
• Work experience in the non-profit sector an asset.

Work Location and Salary

The successful candidate can work remotely, from anywhere in Canada, with optional physical office space located in Sackville, New Brunswick. This post is a full-time 12-month contract with the possibility of extension to a permanent position, and is remunerated based on 37.5 hours per week (flexible) with a starting salary range of $40,000 — $45,000 annually depending on experience.

Application Deadline

Candidates are asked to submit their curricula vitae and a cover letter with “Development & Grants Coordinator” as the subject line to: jobs at forestsinternational.org by September 26, 2021.

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview, and interviews will be held beginning September 30, 2021.

Community Forests International is committed to diversity in our workplace and encourages applications from traditionally marginalized groups such as, but not limited to: racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter if they are a member of an underrepresented community.

This position: https://GoodWork.ca/960316

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/960316

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca