[sust-mar] Community farm program facilitator, f/t, Dartmouth...

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Fri Apr 22 11:19:42 EDT 2022

* Work in local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

Local Food, Urban Agriculture, Organic Farming
https://FoodWork.ca/Atlantic
https://FoodWork.ca/948046

Position: Farm Program Facilitator
Location: Dartmouth, Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia
Term: Full-time, Term Position
Application deadline: May 10, 2022

End date: October 28, 2022
Hours: 35 hours/week
Wage: $18.46

The North Grove strives for a staff composition that is diverse and reflective of the community of Dartmouth North. Individuals who identify as Indigenous, African Nova Scotian, Black and/or from other communities that are underrepresented in workplaces, are encouraged to apply and self-identify.

About The North Grove

The North Grove (thenorthgrove.ca) is a dynamic community hub, situated in the Dartmouth North community. Our Family and Community Food Centre offer programs, services and space for people to learn and connect through family support, food, and friendship. Our approach is rooted in strengths-based practice. This practice sees all members of our community as having resourceful and resilient qualities and strives to support individual’s self-determination. We seek applicants who share our commitment to working within this model.

Eligibility: these positions are funded through the Job Creation Partnership program. Eligibility requirements include either having a current or previous EI or CERB claim, OR having worked a certain amount of insurable hours in the past ten years. See details here.

The Farm Program Facilitator will work closely with the Community Farm Coordinator to assist with all aspects of the community farm, including adults and youth programming, volunteer work groups, and produce packaging and distribution. Someone who enjoys variety in their days and working outside, who can teach themselves new things, and is great at communicating would excel at this position.

Typical duties:
• Organize and support volunteer groups on the farm
• Complete farm tasks such as harvesting, bagging, planting, weeding, etc.
• Help to deliver farm programs that include adult and youth participants
• Help with minor repairs and small building projects

Who are we looking for:
• Strong communication skills
• Flexible
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Experience with community members from all backgrounds
• Able to work independently
• Must be able to comfortably lift 50lbs and stand for long periods
• Must be comfortable working outside in all types of weather
• Experience with gardening is an asset, but not essential

Please send a short cover letter and resume in one document to Katherine Carey, Community Farm Coordinator at kcarey at thenorthgrove.ca by May 10, 2022.

https://FoodWork.ca/hiring
https://FoodWork.ca/948046

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/948046

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms