[sust-mar] Work That Reconnects Retreat - October 20-23

Joanna Bull Joanna at ecologyaction.ca
Sat Aug 20 08:37:26 EDT 2022

Each day, as we face the news of climate chaos, political warfare, ongoing oppressions, species extinction, and ecological and social suffering, we are asked to reconcile these collective traumas with all that is breaking in our hearts. It is natural in our time to feel despair, overwhelm, and grief.

Yet, we also have the power to rise to the challenges of this time. We can learn tools for transforming our grief, anger, paralysis, and fear into compassionate connection and action with our world and communities. We can re-learn our place in the web of life, and rekindle our motivation to act on behalf of life on earth.

Climate anxiety and ecological despair are real: these feelings arise on behalf of a world desperate for our collaboration, calling us to act with dignity and grace. It is here that we nourish our compass for the times ahead.

Join us at the Deanery Project on October 20th-23rd for an immersive weekend retreat to explore the Work That Reconnects.

The Work That Reconnects (WTR) is a dynamic, interactive body of work developed by beloved elder Joanna Macy, inspired by her scholarship in systems theory, deep ecology, and Buddhism as well as 50+ years of international activism. Practiced internationally, this work has helped thousands of people to engage in The Great Turning, reinvigorating our capacity for action and resilience. In a time when we face so much, we engage in this experiential resource that allows us to create an inner spaciousness for healing, connection, and a bold solidarity with the Earth and each other.

To learn more and register, visit https://schoolforthegreatturning.com/nova-scotia/

Early bird pricing is available until August 31st.

Some barrier-reduced registration spots are available, with priority given to Mi’kmaw and Indigenous people, African Nova Scotian and Black people, people from other racialized communities, disabled people, and queer and trans* people who live in Canada.

Supported by the Ecology Action Centre, the Deanery Project, and The School For The Great Turning.

Joanna Bull (she/her), Communications Officer

Kjipuktuk, Unceded Mi’kmaw Territory
2705 Fern Lane, Halifax, NS, B3K 4L3

work: 902-932-2516 ext.104

cell: 902-412-9055

ecologyaction.ca<http://www.ecologyaction.ca/>

[cid:0a2b0e8b-f699-48a3-aca8-2c70507959a4]

Become an EAC Member<https://ecologyaction.ca/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=42> | Follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/EcologyActionCentre/> , Twitter<https://twitter.com/EcologyAction> & Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ecologyaction/>

Please note that my schedule is Monday to Thursday.

*Our Fern Lane office is currently closed to the public due to COVID-19, and our staff is working remotely.