[sust-mar] Hiring: Teacher for Waldorf homeschool pod & homesteading farm, housing incl., Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Aug 25 11:46:11 EDT 2022

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

Nova Scotia Jobs
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
this: https://GoodWork.ca/951556

Hiring: Waldorf Grades Teacher
School: Seraphim Homeschool Pod

Location: Blockhouse, near Bridgewater & Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia.
Housing: Accommodation could be provided if needed (see below). Please apply if living within commuting distance or willing to relocate.

We are looking to hire a Waldorf main lesson teacher three days a week for a homeschooling pod located on a beautiful 30 acre biodynamic homesteading farm in Blockhouse, Nova Scotia (“Canada's Ocean Playground”). The main lesson classes would be split up into two different age groups and would run from 9-10:15 and 10:45-12pm. The afternoons are for specialty classes that rotate with the seasons in 7-week blocks. A "main lesson” is a balanced school lesson that features movement, recall, story, artistic work, book work, etc.

The farm has plenty of space and lots of new projects always underway. Apple orchards, large gardens, a green house, chickens, goats, wool sheep, honey bees, chickens, guinea hens, angora rabbits, peacocks, ducks, etc. are some of the features of the property and project. We will soon be adding horses for trail-riding/horsemanship skills, and a milk cow (we currently have access to a local cow share for fresh milk). The area has one of the best farmers markets in Canada, with access to amazing biodynamic and organic food, peaceful forests, amazing beaches, etc. Blockhouse itself has many great resources, all within walking distance. Chicory Blue General Store, which has been lovingly restored from its previous general store life into an organic grocery and gardening supply store and restaurant/café, is only 2km away! Blockhouse also has an organic French bakery, a thriving antique market, local hardware store, as well as the South Shore Waldorf School.

We have a strong anthroposophical community, festival life and social opportunities. This area offers a very high standard of living for a naturalist and their family.

We are looking for a teacher to join us in teaching main lesson 3 mornings a week from 8:30-1pm. This is the minimum amount of work available; more hours can be arranged for the teacher to teach specialty classes of their interest and abilities in the afternoons, or at their motivation to offer to the community. Competitive wages will be compensated for.

Accommodation could be provided if needed and if willing to be content with simple and humble living on the property, or to board with a family in a separate private accommodation. A Waldorf-trained teacher with experience would be best but we are willing to train the right candidate with similar life experience or an interest and willingness.

Curriculum and mentoring will be provided. There is a large supportive community that would be welcoming you, and helping to guide the teaching if that is needed. A willing interest to learn, bringing your own interests and strengths, and to be capable of holding a warm, loving and enlivened environment for the children is important.

The position commences September 13th, with training to be done beforehand (either remotely or in-person). Please apply by emailing about yourself and relevant teaching/life experience to seraphimhomeschool at gmail.com or spread the word to anyone you think would be a great candidate. We look forward to hearing from you.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/951556

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outdoor/ Nature/ Environmental Education Jobs
https://GoodWork.ca/environmentaleducationjobs

~~~~~

Waldorf Schools in Canada & USA:
• School directory: https://www.waldorfeducation.org/
and https://www.ourkids.net/waldorf-schools.php
• Teacher training in Canada: https://rscc.ca/
• Background: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldorf_education

Forest Schools & Nature Schools
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_school_(learning_style)
https://google.ca/search?q=%22forest+school%22
To find a forest school near you, try googling "forest school" or "nature school" or "outdoor school" or "farm school", quotes included, plus the name of your city, town or region.

Forest school teacher training
https://childnature.ca/forest-school-canada/
https://forestschools.com/training-help/forest-schools-practitioner-training/
https://google.ca/search?q=Forest+School+Practitioner+Certificate
https://google.ca/search?q=forest+school+teacher+training

Environmental Education Links & Resources
(primary, secondary, post-secondary, continuing)
http://planetfriendly.net/learn.html#ee

Outdoor Education Organizations & Resources
• Take Me Outside https://takemeoutside.ca/
• Child and Nature Alliance https://www.childnature.ca
• Outdoor educators of Ontario https://www.coeo.org/
• Ontario society for environmental education https://osee.ca/
• EECOM https://eecom.org/

• Outdoor Education, Environmental Education - more orgs, schools, links, resources
Outdoor ed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outdoor_education
https://google.ca/search?q=%22outdoor+education%22
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Outdoor_education
Enviro ed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_education
https://google.ca/search?q=environmental+education

• Early childhood education (ECE)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_childhood_education
https://google.com/search?q=Early+childhood+education
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Early_childhood_education

• Nature Deficit Disorder - "a range of current child health issues arising from a lifestyle that focuses on screen time rather than outdoor exploration"
About: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nature_deficit_disorder
Search: https://google.com/search?q=%22nature+deficit+disorder%22
News: https://news.google.com/news?q=%22nature+deficit+disorder%22

• Biodynamic farming / agriculture
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodynamic_agriculture

• Homeschooling during the COVID-19 pandemic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeschooling_during_the_COVID-19_pandemic

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/951556

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca