[sust-mar] Admin & Program Coordinator, NB Community Harvest Gardens, Fredericton

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Tue Feb 8 13:39:36 EST 2022

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

FOOD SOVEREIGNTY JOBS
https://FoodWork.ca/hiring
https://FoodWork.ca/924826

Position: Administrative and Program Coordinator (APC)
Location: Fredericton, NB; Flexible hybrid work environment

Compensation: $21/hour (As a non-profit organization, all employment opportunities are dependent on the approval of funding.)
Commitment: hourly, 30 hours/week
Anticipated start date: immediate

The Administrative and Program Coordinator is integral in advancing the mission and goals of NBCHG and Hayes Farm. While focusing on administration, financial management, communications, and human resources management, the APC will have the responsibility and incredible opportunity to impact New Brunswick's food sovereignty. With the ultimate goal of improving the community's relationship with food and farming, this person will balance multiple essential functions to support a suite of on-farm and online educational offerings.

Organizational Background

Hayes Farm is a project of NB Community Harvest Gardens — a well-established non-profit organization that’s been working since 2010 to “grow food, grow minds and grow community”. Hayes Farm is a community farm and educational space that aims to foster a thriving and resilient culture of local food growers, eaters, and supporters. Our human-scale regenerative farming model advances food security and food sovereignty, socioeconomic responsibility, environmental accountability, and prosperity of purpose in the local community. We will accomplish this by integrating Wabanaki wisdom & food ways, principles of land-based learning, and deep-rooted connections and responsibilities to our Earth Mother. Position

Description

The APC works to fulfill the day-to-day management of administration, communications, human resources and fundraising of Hayes Farm. They will collaborate extensively with the exceptional Hayes Farm ‘Core Team’. Superb administrative and organizational skills in handling multiple programs and large amounts of information in a timely fashion, as well as outstanding communication and technical skills related to financial management, governance, and record keeping are essential.

Responsibilities

Administration
• Conducting the day-to-day administrative activities
• Cash management, banking
• Budget preparation and management
• Tracking & submission of staff hours/vacation days/sick days
• Work closely with the NBCHG Bookkeeper to ensure all operational financial obligations are met, including reimbursement claims and reporting for grants/funders
• Tracking, record keeping, and/or oversight for all programs, memberships, and activities (student funding, recruitment, program participants, food distribution, community and alumni outreach, workshops, events, tours, etc.)
• Coordinate and/or collect feedback from all program participants
• Analysis & reporting of recorded program data
• Chair weekly team meetings with Hayes Farm core team; maintain and circulate minutes

Communications
• Primary point of contact for Hayes Farm (email, phone, social media)
• Maintain media communications
• Maintain Hayes Farm website
• Build communications network and mailing list
• Create and distribute program promotions, via e-newsletters, social media, etc.

Human Resources
• Ensure that the NBCHG Code of Practice and Safety Policy are presented and adhered to
• Coordinate mindful human resources support for staff and program participants

Fundraising
• Assist with grant applications, and other fundraising projects
• Seek out new funding opportunities
• Grant reporting
• Maintain funder database, acknowledgement, and relations

Perform other related duties as agreed upon

Our Ideal Candidate
• You have two years of relevant education or work experience
• You are highly organized and have good attention to detail
• You have the ability to make presentations and communicate with a diverse range of audiences
• You have the ability to work as both a team member and independently
• You have outstanding written and oral communications skills
• You enjoy building relationships with persons of all abilities and backgrounds
• You have outstanding accuracy and skill working with numbers
• You are self-motivated and self-directed
• You have the ability to think on your feet and respond in a positive manner to sudden challenges
• You have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• You are patient, compassionate, creative, and have a good sense of humour
• You are experienced in community organizing and cross-cultural relationships
• You are proficient in business systems and software such as
o Microsoft Office
o Google Suite
o Social Media (Facebook, Instagram)
o Website management (Wix)
o Graphic design
o Online forms & communications (SurveyMonkey, MailChimp, etc.)

Our ideal candidate will also have a strong interest in community building, social justice, food sovereignty, and poverty alleviation. Experience working with individuals from all walks of life and those who face multiple barriers is an asset. At Hayes Farm, we are committed to providing a safe, inclusive, and equitable learning and working environment for all. We believe in the power of diversity and seek to build our organization with a strong representation of women, people with varied abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ and BIPOC communities.

To Apply

Send your resume, cover letter, and three work-related references to info at nbchg.org . Please include Administrative & Program Coordinator in the subject line of the email. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified. Application deadline: February 14, 2022

https://FoodWork.ca/hiring
https://FoodWork.ca/924826

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/924826

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms