[sust-mar] Call for applications: Cooperant Solidarity & Human Rights Training 2022

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Feb 23 10:44:24 EST 2022

* Work in social & environmental sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

Peace & Environment Jobs, Internships, Volunteering
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/peace

Positions: Human Rights Cooperants

Locations: Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia and Guatemala
Costs/renum.: BTS offers all cooperants guidance and support, including training, financial incentives, mentorship, return flight, stipend, more.

Maritimes-Guatemala Breaking the Silence Network (BTS), a solidarity network of volunteers with partners in Guatemala fighting for social, economic, environmental, and cultural justice has opened applications for their 2022 Cooperant placements and Cooperant Solidarity & Human Rights training!

BTS is recruiting a team of cooperants to serve in Guatemala for 3-12 months to support the work of our Guatemalan partners. As a BTS Cooperant, you will support Guatemalan organizations engaged in the struggle for defense of territory, truth justice and impunity, and human security.

View the full application and program background information package here.

Application Deadline: 5 pm AST on April 8th, 2022
Training Dates: May 21 – 29, 2022

BTS Solidarity & Human Rights training is open to anyone seeking to increase their knowledge, skills, and practice of solidarity and human rights by serving as a Cooperant in Guatemala starting as early as the fall of 2022. The experience of being a Cooperant will foster a critical understanding of the practice of solidarity in Guatemala and its relevance for community engagement in Canada.

Organizational Commitment to Equity

Breaking the Silence acknowledges that systemic barriers disproportionately target and affect marginalized communities. We are committed to challenging these systemic inequalities and encourage applications from individuals that represent the full diversity of communities in terms of ability, age, class, gender, race and sexual orientation. Furthermore, we recognize and value lived experience as a legitimate attestation of skills and abilities.

Organizational Background

The Maritimes-Guatemala Breaking the Silence Network (BTS) was established 30 years ago in response to the genocide and mass displacement of communities that occurred during the internal armed conflict in Guatemala. The network includes over 300 volunteer members throughout the Maritimes. BTS supports Guatemalan human rights and community development groups working for ongoing social, economic, environmental, and cultural justice. BTS centers the interconnectedness between the North and the South and the responsibility of Canadians to be engaged in solidarity, undertaking advocacy and education initiatives in Canada.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/peace
https://GoodWork.ca/946036

Peace Organizations in Canada
https://GoodWork.ca/peace

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/946036

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca