[sust-mar] Therapeutic horticulture, seasonal, Charlottetown PEI

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Jan 18 23:48:18 EST 2022

* Work in environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

GREEN & NATURE JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/957426

Position: Therapeutic Horticulture
Location: Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

Therapeutic horticulture is the process of using plants and garden activities that improve physical and mental health, as well as communication and cognitive skills in order to promote health and wellness for an individual or group.

It is a practice that has proven to help improve memory, cognitive abilities, task initiation, language skills, and socialization. Therapeutic horticulture has also been shown to help strengthen muscles and improve coordination, balance, and endurance.

The practice was first recognized in the 1940s to help servicemen rehabilitate from PTSD. Today, therapeutic horticulture is recognized by health practitioners and therapists around the world.

The Position:

We are seeking an experienced gardener/ teacher/ natural health practioner preferably with experience working with seniors and/or adults with intellectual disabilities. Formal training in Therapeutic Horticulture will be a major asset.

This is a seasonal postion, starting in May 2022. It may work into a full-time position if funding becomes available.

To Apply:

Email phil at peifarmcentre.com

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/957426

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/957426

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca