[sust-mar] Business, commerce and international development jobs, Nova Scotia or anywhere...

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Jun 6 20:12:20 EDT 2022

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

Environmental Jobs
https://GoodWork.ca/Now
https://GoodWork.ca/932746

Position: Marketing Coordinator – The OATHE Project
Location: virtual, anywhere in Canada

Who We Are: The OATHE Project is a young environmental non-profit that encourages people to engage in small-scale acts of change that may individually seem insignificant but can collectively make massive impact.

OATHE itself is an acronym for “One Act at a Time to Help the Earth.” And our project aims to share the message that the environmental challenges of our time require all of us to do our part. What does this mean? In addition to major structural shifts that must happen at an institutional level, individual mindsets and behaviors need to change too. Thus, our projects aim to educate and inspire while also encouraging folks to #TaketheOATHE and commit to eco-action – big and small - as part of their daily lives, as each of our acts can make a difference when added together.

This year, there are a few key projects envisioned for which we may need help: 1) A podcast where we interview eco-leaders who embody the OATHE ethos of creating change by doing one act at a time; 2) Second, the EarthNet platform we are developing with another partner, where we will showcase climate action projects in a networking fashion to raise awareness of environmental projects and encourage collaboration among the eco-community; and 3) Third, a “Climate Change-Makers” hackathon that had great success in its first iteration in March 2021 with 130+ youth participating across 15+ counties, which we are looking to make into an annual event where youth create their own climate action initiatives.

Learn more about us by visiting our social media, or our website, oneactatatime.org

Who We Are Looking For: An event planning whiz who’s as passionate about environmental change as we are! Our ideal candidate will be very good with technology, creative in how they pursue new partnerships, data-driven in their approach and open about sharing ideas to improve our young non-profit. They will also help with our community outreach beyond organizing virtual events, from creating social media campaigns to planning educational workshops, recruiting volunteers, finding partners for future projects, and more.

If you are an enthusiastic, community-minded, can-do individual who believes in the power of collective action to make global impact, if you care about the environmental problems of our time, do not mind wearing a different hat every day, and enjoy the challenges of marketing to a global audience, this is the ideal job for you. (Note that we have also received funding for a project administrator role, and may consider applicants for this role as well.)

Responsibilities:
• Conducting outreach to prospective EarthNet members to encourage use of the platform and to provide onboarding support.
• Co-hosting, editing, and producing our podcast One Act at a Time: Stories of Change.
• Supporting our other projects designed to promote eco-action, with a particular focus on the active projects noted above around our podcast, EarthNet, and hackathon, with whoever is hired also encouraged to propose & develop projects of their own during the work term. The successful applicant will be heavily involved in planning and coordinating our hackathon. View information about our previous hackathon here: climatechangemakers.devpost.com
• Exploring questions related to the long-term sustainability of the OATHE Project, which may include things like ideating around our young non-profit’s future paths, researching grant funding to sustain our work in the long-term, and designing new campaigns/ events that can maximize our impact.
• And finally, assisting us with a variety of other tasks, whether to help run meetings, manage finances, be a PR contact, or more
 Truthfully, there’s a lot here that is undefined, and we encourage anyone applying to bring in new ideas, make their unique mark & develop the position into their own.

Learning Outcomes:
• Gain an understanding of life in a non-profit start-up, and be a part of its early growth
• Learn about the challenges involved in implementing environmental change at a global scale
• See how marketing and communications theories can be implemented in real life
• Develop competencies for community-based outreach, both at an individual and organizational level
• Experience the challenge of having new projects go from idea to implementation

Desired Qualifications:
• Pursuing degree(s) in marketing, social media, business, commerce, community development, environmental studies, international development, philosophy, social science or similar (many backgrounds could apply)
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with podcast editing software an asset
• Experience with social media and graphic design an asset, for example, through Canva, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, etc.
• Experience planning and delivering complex online events under a strict timeline
• Willingness to learn, and open to sharing new ideas to improve the organization
• And above all, a genuine passion for the environment, a desire to make a difference for our planet, and a belief in the power of individual actions to together make massive, collective, global impact!

Other Notes for Eligibility:
• Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada according to the relevant provincial legislation.
• Applicants must be willing to comply with all other relevant eligibility checks and paperwork required of different funding partners & in particular those of the Science Horizons program

How to Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to Cheryl Luptak (our Director of Community), no later than June 12th at 11:59 PM PST: theoatheproject at gmail.com . Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

Work Location: The OATHE Project is a global initiative, but is formally incorporated in Halifax NS, Canada, which is in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq peoples. That said, the majority of work for 2022 will be done remotely and at home, although there may be a mix of in-person meetings or events depending on the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 & how things there may evolve in the future.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/932746

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/932746

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca