[sust-mar] Web developer and Wordpress website development jobs

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Jun 10 15:34:40 EDT 2022

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

COMMUNITY FORESTS INTERNATIONAL
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/908746

Position: Web and Information Systems Coordinator
Location: Virtual and work from home anywhere in Canada or shared office space in Sackville, New Brunswick.

Type: Part-time or full-time
Duration: 3-months minimum, with possibility of extension
Eligibility: As this position is made possible by the Digital Skills 4 Youth (DS4Y) program, the eligible candidate must be a post-secondary graduate age 15-30 and a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or hold Canadian refugee status.

Please apply as soon as possible by contacting us at jobs at forestsinternational.org with the subject line “Tech Support” and your resume and references attached. Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName]. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this job will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Thank you for applying!

Community Forests International

Community Forests International believes the most important climate solutions can be found wherever people live and work closely with forests. That's why we work to protect and restore the climate by empowering communities and forests to thrive together.

Job Description

The Web & Information Systems Coordinator will perform digital tasks including website coding and backend troubleshooting, digital data security auditing and monitoring, and streamlining digital technology use across all departments at Community Forest International including the setup and maintenance of various workplace apps as well as both cloud-based and local file storage systems.

The Web & Information Systems Coordinator will also oversee and streamline website and digital technology use across all departments at Community Forest International. They will assist with the selection, installation, and maintenance of both software and hardware utilities using platforms including WordPress, Keela, Dropbox and network devices including QNAP.

The Web & Information Systems Coordinator will improve the overall security and functionality of Community Forests International's growing digital workplace. They must have the aptitude to develop a clear understanding of Community Forests International work and the technological and organizational needs to improve overall digital workplace functioning and security. They will troubleshoot and strengthen existing systems, and also research and implement new technologies and processes as needed.

The day to-day duties of the Web & Information Systems Coordinator planning and implementation of:
• Data and digital security auditing and upgrades
• Hardware and software installation and upgrades
• Regular website maintenance to ensure operation and security, as well as regularly adding or updating integrations
• Website server maintenance and clean-up
• Assisting with integrations across social media platforms and fundraising tools
• Introduction and training on new digital workplace technologies
• Database coordination and data cleaning

List of Key Qualifications
• Experience with front and backend website development, especially with Wordpress
• Ability to troubleshoot issues related to website or server functionality as they arise
• Knowledge of and practical experience with implementing best practices in digital security, including rules and regulations regarding data collection and storage.
• Interest in online privacy, website accessibility and user experience
• As this position is made possible by the Digital Skills 4 Youth (DS4Y) program, the eligible candidate must be a post-secondary graduate age 15-30 and a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or hold Canadian refugee status.

Work Location and Salary

The successful candidate can work remotely, from anywhere in Canada, with optional use of office space at Community Forests International’s headquarters in Sackville, New Brunswick. This position is intended as either a part-time or full-time term contract position, with flexible terms and hours to accommodate a wide range of candidates. The position will be remunerated based on level of experience with a compensation range of $20-$25 per hour.

The successful candidate will also have access to an opt-in health bursary of $100 per month.

Want to learn more?

We are very flexible in terms of how we structure this contract position, so please reach out if you have questions or proposals.

If you are interested in learning more or applying to this opportunity, please contact us at jobs at forestsinternational.org and attach your resume and references so that we can get a sense of your previous experience and qualifications. Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

Community Forests International is committed to diversity in our workplace and encourages applications from traditionally marginalized groups such as, but not limited to: racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter if they are a member of an underrepresented community.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/908746

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/908746

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca