[sust-mar] Treasurer, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax or remote in Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Mar 16 17:03:53 EDT 2022

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

CHARIY / NONPROFIT TREASURER
https://GoodWork.ca/volunteer
https://GoodWork.ca/909436

Position: Board Treasurer
Type: nonprofit board of directors / unpaid
Location: Halifax or remote in Nova Scotia

Time commitment: 3 - 8 hours per month; approximately 40-50 hours per year
Term length: Three years with the option of a second term
Start date: September 2022

About Us:

The Ecology Action Centre (EAC) is an environmental charity based in Mi’kma’ki/Nova Scotia. This year the Ecology Action Centre is celebrating 50 years of taking action on critical issues from biodiversity protection to climate change to environmental justice. We envision a just and vibrant world of respect, belonging & ecological resilience. We act as watchdog, convener, mobilizer and incubator. We engage community to create systemic change in the face of urgent, complex environmental issues. We are creative, resilient, fierce and caring. We value relationships. We act with integrity. Visit ecologyaction.ca/annual-report for both our annual reports and financial statements.

About the Role:

The Treasurer is an important member of the financial team at EAC. The Treasurer works closely with the Senior Leadership Team - Executive Director, Director of Operations & Development, and Director of Programs - to ensure responsible and transparent financial management of the Centre. Specific duties:
• Sitting on the following
• Board of Directors: 4 meetings per year - 2 hours in length
• Executive Committee: 6 meetings per year - 1 hour in length
• Audit & Risk Committee: approx. 6 meetings per year - 1 hour in length
• Periodically advising Board, Director of Operations and Development, or Controller on financial matters
• Reviewing and signing off on the annual charitable return (prepared by Controller) and being aware of the annual audit process (all audit back-up completed by Controller)
• Participating in Board activities including the AGM and annual EAC retreat

Qualifications:
• An accounting designation
• Interest in being an active member of a team
• Familiarity with non-profit accounting an asset
• Previous experience serving on a board an asset
• Passion for environmental issues an asset
• Member of Ecology Action Centre, or willing to become one

Contact:

Maggy Burns, Executive Director
Maggy.burns at ecologyaction.ca

Deadline: 25 April 2022. Please email Maggy with any questions or to arrange a phone meeting. To express your interest, send a resume and brief expression of interest. The Nominations Committee will review applications, meet candidates and present a recommendation to the board. Final approval of the successful candidate will be at the AGM in September 2022.

The Ecology Action Centre is committed to equity and encourages applications from individuals in traditionally marginalized groups such as, but not limited to: African Nova Scotian and other racialized people, Indigenous people, lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender and queer people, and persons with disabilities. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their expression of interest if they are a member of a marginalized community.

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/909436

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca