[sust-mar] Nova Scotia local food, gardening and farming

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Tue May 17 15:54:52 EDT 2022

* Work in local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

NOVA SCOTIA LOCAL FOOD & FARMING
https://FoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://FoodWork.ca/917446

Position: Garden Coordinator
Type: age 30 & under / summer

Location: Maple Grove, East Hants, Nova Scotia
Housing: please enquire

Our Rising is a non-profit organization based in Maple Grove, East Hants, Nova Scotia. Through services and action, we seek to foster connectivity, collectivity and community power as part of broader transformational social change.

The Garden Coordinator will be responsible for the garden that supplies our market. This will include creating gardening beds, planting, weeding, mulching and harvesting. It may include working with volunteers, helping with greenhouse assembly and other farming projects.

Send questions, cover letters and resumes to: info at ourrising.ca . Please indicate your age and if you are seeking accommodation on site or in the area for part or the full duration of the job.

8 weeks / $12.95 – $15 an hour

Requirements:
• Be between ages 15 and 30
• Ability to do the physical requirements of the job (shoveling, lifting etc).
• Some knowledge of gardening.
• Ability to take direction and be self directed in completing projects
• Shared values and a genuine interest in the goal of food resilience

Assets:
• A passion for regenerative agriculture
• Understanding of core principles of regenerative medium-scale agriculture including: crop-rotation, succession planting, intercropping and soil amending.
• Several seasons of gardening or farming expereince
• Creative energy to put towards projects of interest
• Varied skills (using machinery, tools etc)
• Experience working with non-profit organizations
• Driver’s license

Send questions, cover letters and resumes to: info at ourrising.ca . Please indicate your age and if you are seeking accommodation on site or in the area for part or the full duration of the job.

https://FoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://FoodWork.ca/917446

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/917446

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms